Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
candlegal
Breaking: Illinois Supreme Court upholds 18-yr-old parental notification law
July 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM

July 11, 2013 (JillStanek.com) - Today, in a unanimous ruling, the Illinois Supreme Court issued a decision to uphold a parental notification law enacted way back in 1995.

This is fabulous news, since Illinois has become known as the abortion dumping ground of the Midwest – the only state without any parental involvement law in force, while all surrounding states have such measures.

Thomas More Society, the pro-life legal team based in Illinois that has been pushing enforcement of this law, has posted a synopsis of this incredibly drawn out court battle.

The ACLU was the first to sue to block the law, later joined by the giant Hope Clinic abortion mill in Granite City - conveniently located close to the Missouri border.

Click "like" if you want to end abortion!

The Illinois Parental Notice of Abortion Act of 1995 is scheduled to go into effect in 35 days. It isn’t perfect. It allows for notification of not only one parent but also “a person over 21 years of age who is the parent, grandparent, step-parent living in the household, or legal guardian.” In the law a minor is considered anyone under 18.

This looser verbiage caused a huge rift in the pro-life movement at the time, which still comes up in conversations. But it is still way better than nothing.

Of course, Planned Parenthood, which has 17 locations in Illinois, is unhappy. From The Chicago Sun-Times:

“We are disappointed by the Illinois Supreme Court’s decision to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the Illinois Parental Notice of Abortion Act of 1995,” said Carol Brite, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Illinois. “While we believe the Illinois Parental Notice of Abortion Act puts the health and safety of teens at unnecessary risk, Planned Parenthood of Illinois is committed to doing everything we can to make this new process as easy as possible for teens if the law goes into effect.”

In 2011, 2,359 of the state’s 41,324 abortions were of minors 17 and under. There were 3,139 out-of-state abortions (age unknown). Both those numbers should now go down.

source

Replies

• snookyfritz
    July 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Inch by inch

• candlegal
    July 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM

you betcha

Quoting snookyfritz:

Inch by inch

• Caitlyn137
    July 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    Umm this stupid, if the teenager was raped by her father she has to ask him for permission for an abortion. Or she might be so scared try giving herself one.
  • candlegal
    July 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM

That is about 1% of all abortions performed.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Umm this stupid, if the teenager was raped by her father she has to ask him for permission for an abortion. Or she might be so scared try giving herself one.

• Caitlyn137
    July 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    How do you know that? F***ing interview every teen girl at every abortion clinic in the whole world? Give me a break. Abortion is Not going away. No matter how many sarah pallins there are in Washington

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

• candlegal
    July 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I don't need to, it has already been done.  Abortion is going away, one piece at a time.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

How do you know that? F***ing interview every teen girl at every abortion clinic in the whole world? Give me a break. Abortion is Not going away. No matter how many sarah pallins there are in Washington

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

• jessilin0113
    July 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    At least it's not asking for parental permission. I don't think i have too much of a problem with this because i like that somebody at least knows what is happening with these girls.
  • Caitlyn137
    July 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    Abortion will not go away, the GOP has lost its hold, their voters are aging and the younger generation will not consider getting rid of abortion. Look at old political rallies from the 70's . It the same things all over again. The war is over about abortion let it go.

Quoting candlegal:

I don't need to, it has already been done.  Abortion is going away, one piece at a time.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

• romalove
    July 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

This is one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen you type, and that is saying a lot.

Putting abortion underground doesn't make it go away.

Making teen girls do desperate things because they are terrified to talk to parents (likely judgmental religious parents just like you) doesn't make abortion go away.

You will see more teens dump babies after birth, hide pregnancies and not get good care, or search out providers who won't follow the law, automatically making those abortions less safe.

You can make abortions more difficult to come by safely and legally but make them go away?

Not happening.  You can make some women go away by your zeal to protect every zygote.

Disgusting.

• rfurlongg
    July 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    So after an uneducated 18yr old has a beautiful little baby she opts to keep, will you fight as just hard help her feed her child (wic and snap), help her keep the baby healthy (Medicaid), a place to live (section 8), and perhaps better herself with an education (govt grants)?

If you are going to fight this hard for the unborn (they certainly deserve it) then you must fight just as hard for the unprepared (emotionally, financially, and physically) mothers and their babies who grow to need even more help.

Saving an unborn child means a community (tax payers included) 18+ year commitment.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts