Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
candlegal
Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.
June 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM

10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!

Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

EDIT:   I have taken the word Canada out of the title.

Replies

• Ginnygurl97
    June 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    Beautiful. Sometimes I'm not so proud to be American any more :-( and my ex husband was in the navy for 10yrs. Seeing the way people treated him, and me and our son, I lost a lot on the American people. I know we still have it better than most. But, the government is just so corrupt. Our fore fathers must be rolling over on their graves. I'd be willing to bet anything that this is not what they did to set our country free, and it would make them sick.
  • GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    June 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Time to move to Canada. lol. 

Actually, Canada is too cold. I wish I could find a place that would be tropical and really didn't have to deal with the U.S.  Maybe Dominican Republic would be the place to live, who knows. lol. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    June 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    So it looks like someone who used to blog at the Blaze moved to Canada ?
  • megmck75
    June 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I agree with #9; however, regarding #7, this situation is much worse in Europe these days. As for #6, this happens elsewhere also. Here in Australia we have the issue of the "boat people", people who show up in their boats on our coast and are generally allowed in as refugees and given everything they need to make a new start here, while our own pensioners and lower income citizens are ignored by the government. But who can blame these people for doing what they are, as they know if they try and do things the ethical and fully legal way, they will have to wait years and years in some substandard camp in whatever country and may not ever be able to come here. The system is f#**#d up, full stop.

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    June 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

o.O

Only in America can states find time to vote on the most inane shit... and ignore actual problems. :3 

• snookyfritz
    June 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Jim Canada?  Because I know not one Canadian who would say anything so stupid.  But they have given us countless funny guys.  Howie Mandel, John Candy.  That's it.  It's a joke.

• UpSheRises
    June 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    I know a shitload of canadians...they would all lay a fat turd on this list. You know...fight fire with fire.
  • Roxygurl
    June 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    That wasn't from Canada. I've seen that for a couple years and its been attributed to numerous groups of people.
  • Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    June 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Also, from what I have seen, a lot of canadians seem to think that the majority of americans focus on religion is quite stupid.. but that is just an observation

however, most people don't give a rat's ass about the US

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    June 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM

*yawn*

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts