Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
paganbaby
Who said White moms can't braid hair?? *Pic*
June 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Last week my DD was talking to her friends dad (He's black) He was telling her if she wanted, he had a couple home girls who could braid her hair. She responded, No, my mom is going to do it this weekend. He gave her a double take and said, but your mom is white! No honey, you need a sista doing your hair. It's a cultural thing. White chicks just don't know what to do.

Well *Thumbs nose* to him. I did her hair and I think it looks just fine. What do you think?

Replies

• -Celestial-
    June 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Great job!
  • kailu1835
    June 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Very nice 😊
  • coupon_ash_back
    June 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    It's fine. I'm not one to say something like that. I have had a white lady do my hair my whole life, not braids but if she did I know they would look great.
  • wickedfiress
    June 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

:)

I am way way way way too OCD to do this. I would have to have every part a perfectly straight line and each section would have to be even, etc. It would drive me nuts if not. lol

• T-HoneyLuv
    June 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.
  • MomTiara19
    June 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

goodVery nice.

• TruthSeeker.
    June 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Great job.
  • paganbaby
    June 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ha ha ha That would take you Forever!

Sometimes I'll see little girls with PERFECT hair in pony tails, twists, ect and I think, how long did that take? lol

Quoting wickedfiress:

:)

I am way way way way too OCD to do this. I would have to have every part a perfectly straight line and each section would have to be even, etc. It would drive me nuts if not. lol

• NWP
    by NWP
    June 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Pretty!

• paganbaby
    June 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

It's a full time job isn't it? I remember all the time and effort I put into dd's hair when she was young. When ds came along it was like a culture shock. He's a white boy so all I had to do was run a comb through his hair once and it's done.

Yeah, he's an idiot. (The dad, not ds LOL)

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN