Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
iluv2read
Does a company's religious background/affiliation affect you?
June 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Do you base your decisions to shop or eat somewhere based on the company's religious background or views?

Sure, we remember the Chick-Fil-A "scandal" over the COO's comments about gay marriage, but do you know other companies' religous affiliations? Do you care?

Replies

• famiglia_bella
    June 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Sometimes, yes.

• bluerooffarm
    June 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Nope.

• LaughCryLive
    June 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I don't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their fanatical religious beliefs.

• SuperChicken
    June 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

• Lizardannie1966
    June 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Just as I don't base my opinions on the whole of a person with respect to their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or politics, I feel the same about a company or business I may frequent.

Simply, it really doesn't affect me and with only one exception--provided that the company or business is not discriminating against others for lacking the same beliefs.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    June 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yep.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Sometimes, yes.

• mikiemom
    June 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Basically this, I don't normally care what the religion of a business owner is. I do care when they start using their business profits to deny rights to others. I am also very concerned with a businesses ethics overall from a social, economic, and environmental standpoint if that makes sense.

Quoting SuperChicken:

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

• MeAndTommyLee
    June 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Never.  The owner of a corporations religious beliefs or non-beliefs (atheism etc) is their personal business and does not effect me at all. 

• stormcris
    June 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Sometime yes.

• momtoscott
    June 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Sometimes, but I am much more likely to avoid patronizing companies whose policies are not fair to workers and diminish quality of the goods/services available, like Walmart.  My dollars, I get to decide where and why to spend them.  

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN