Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
iluv2read
Does a company's religious background/affiliation affect you?
June 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Do you base your decisions to shop or eat somewhere based on the company's religious background or views?

Sure, we remember the Chick-Fil-A "scandal" over the COO's comments about gay marriage, but do you know other companies' religous affiliations? Do you care?

Replies

• famiglia_bella
    June 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Sometimes, yes.

• bluerooffarm
    June 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Nope.

• LaughCryLive
    June 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I don't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their fanatical religious beliefs.

• SuperChicken
    June 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

• Lizardannie1966
    June 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Just as I don't base my opinions on the whole of a person with respect to their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or politics, I feel the same about a company or business I may frequent.

Simply, it really doesn't affect me and with only one exception--provided that the company or business is not discriminating against others for lacking the same beliefs.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    June 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yep.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Sometimes, yes.

• mikiemom
    June 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Basically this, I don't normally care what the religion of a business owner is. I do care when they start using their business profits to deny rights to others. I am also very concerned with a businesses ethics overall from a social, economic, and environmental standpoint if that makes sense.

Quoting SuperChicken:

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

• MeAndTommyLee
    June 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Never.  The owner of a corporations religious beliefs or non-beliefs (atheism etc) is their personal business and does not effect me at all. 

• stormcris
    June 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Sometime yes.

• momtoscott
    June 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Sometimes, but I am much more likely to avoid patronizing companies whose policies are not fair to workers and diminish quality of the goods/services available, like Walmart.  My dollars, I get to decide where and why to spend them.  

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts