Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Karen_29
man accused of tricking ex into abortion
May 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

what is everyone's opinion on this??

TAMPA -- 

Federal investigators said the son of a Lutz fertility doctor tricked his ex-girlfriend into taking a drug that induced an abortion.

John Welden, 28, was denied bail at a hearing Wednesday on a first-degree murder charge.

Investigators said Remee Lee, 26, had wanted to carry their baby to term even though the couple was no longer together.  Welden took Lee to his father's fertility clinic, where the couple learned the fetus was six weeks along.

Prosecutors say Welden told Lee to take amoxicillin tablets, saying his father wanted her to do so for the baby's sake.

Court documents allege Welden actually gave Lee Cytotec, a drug that causes women to go into labor.

A few days later, Lee lost the pregnancy.

Now Welden, who worked as a manager at his father's office, is facing murder charges. He faces life in prison if convicted.

Welden's family refused to comment about the case.  Neither did Lee's lawyer, who also filed a civil suit in federal court alleging battery and emotional distress.

Lee's attorney did say they may add more people to the civil suit who they believe had liability in the death of the fetus.

Replies

• Donna6503
    May 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Wow, this is definitely; "You better have proof" type of case.

But, if she does ... I hope he is locked up a very long time and she sues this family for a lot of cash.

Still more importantly; I hope she gets all the help she will need to get through this part of life, that she'll need.

Sad
  • snookyfritz
    May 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

That's very bad.  But I think that unless it came from the doctor's own mouth, I wouldn't take anything anyone besides my doctor told me to take

• Karen_29
    May 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

From earlier reports It stated that he forged his dad's signature on the script and then an amoxicillin label over it.

• AdrianneHill
    May 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Im afraid of the implications in charging him with murder in a six week old fetus.
  • jllcali
    by jllcali
    May 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    That's fucked up.
  • FromAtoZ
    May 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Im afraid of the implications in charging him with murder in a six week old fetus.

I agree.

I would like to know more about this.  I may have to google a bit after work.

I don't quite understand why she was told to take the antibiotic and why she would do so so willingly.

As for this man..............I do hope he is indeed punished for his actions.  But I don't know that 'murder' is the way to go forward with this.

• lifeforchrist
    May 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Seriously? What a stupid statement.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

• lifeforchrist
    May 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Why would she have any reason to suspect the man she once dated and was having a CHILD with would abort her baby? She probably trusted him, and I don't see that as any fault of hers.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting AdrianneHill:

I agree.

I would like to know more about this.  I may have to google a bit after work.

I don't quite understand why she was told to take the antibiotic and why she would do so so willingly.

As for this man..............I do hope he is indeed punished for his actions.  But I don't know that 'murder' is the way to go forward with this.

• Ziva65
    by Ziva65
    May 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

yikes.

I have to say though, that girl sounds like a real idiot. How stupid can people be?

Quoting Karen_29:

From earlier reports It stated that he forged his dad's signature on the script and then an amoxicillin label over it.

• Mommabearbergh
    May 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    I feel like something is mixing like why would she take amoxicillin anyways

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN