Jack_Squat
is this unreasonable?
May 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM
The ex saga continues.

Opposing counsel threw together a limited appearance response to our petetion 3 days late to avoid a default order.

He stated they are appealing the judges ruling as soon as the order is entered by the court, and asked for a stay of proceedings.

Opposing counsel said that the respondent is open to settling in lieu of paying monthly child support and putting her on his insurance.

I put together a settlement offer, and the total is just over $175,000.

The breakdown includes:

1/2 of her portion of our primary and supplemental insurance premiums for 10 years. Not including co pay and prescription costs.

1/2 of extracurricular activities (minus her study abroad program in Spain) until she graduates high school.

1/2 of tuition and fees, books and room and board for a 4 year college degree (using usu fees as a guideline)

$1,000/month/10 year lump sum for child support (which will knock off over 14k of what he will be ordered to pay for cs and back cs)

College expenses are included because he has gotten a free ride for 10 years, so far.

Replies

• Jack_Squat
    May 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Bump
  • mehamil1
    May 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Oh Good God. One reason why I have never fought to get child support is because I don't have the stomach for this kind of thing. 

• Della529
    May 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM

How did CS get so far in arrears?

• Peanutx3
    May 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Wow.  I have to say I am glad I won't have to ever deal with trying to collect child support.

• DestinyHLewis
    May 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM

The only thing that stood out here is that child support was in arrears. Why? 

• Jack_Squat
    May 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    Because he has fought everything we have filed, and it's an interstate case involving 3 states. We haven't even gotten a cs order yet because he is fighting personal jurisdiction.

Quoting Della529: How did CS get so far in arrears?
  • Jack_Squat
    May 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    He isn't in arrears. Arrears is different than back cs.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:The only thing that stood out here is that child support was in arrears. Why? 
  • Jack_Squat
    May 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    It's definitely a pain, but benefits her in the long run.

Quoting mehamil1:

Oh Good God. One reason why I have never fought to get child support is because I don't have the stomach for this kind of thing. 

• DestinyHLewis
    May 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

? What is the difference. I honestly do not know. To me back support means they haven't paid. So does arrears? 

Quoting Jack_Squat:

He isn't in arrears. Arrears is differet than back cs.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

The only thing that stood out here is that child support was in arrears. Why? 

• Della529
    May 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Who is "he"?  How did three states become involved?

Quoting Jack_Squat:

Because he has fought everything we have filed, and it's an interstate case involving 3 states. We haven't evwn gotten a cs orfer yet because he is fighting personal jurisdiction.

Quoting Della529:

How did CS get so far in arrears?