Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Jack_Squat
how would you react to this?
May 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Mobile Photo

This is a picture of the price listings at a local smoothy shop. The owner is a hoot. He can usually be found dancing on the street corner with a huge sign that says 'Honk if you love drilling'.

I just noticed the words are small. Basically, he charges liberals considerbly more than conservtives for smoothies lol.

Replies

• talia-mom
    May 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Would you boycott a restaurant that has kids eat free or a wild working ladies' Wednesday

Quoting katy_kay08:

I don't go to bars so yes I guess I do.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Do you people who would boycott this boycott places that have ladies' nights?

• katy_kay08
    May 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM

only three people have paid the "surcharge".  I don't think there is a large liberal population in his area.  Not hard to be bold when 95% of your customer base agrees with you.  

Quoting NWP:

I think he is losing a good portion of his possible customers and that he probably doesn't care.

• katy_kay08
    May 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

probably because when I think of the places that offer Kids eat free it's generally crappy chain restaurants that I don't go to anyway and I've never heard of "wild working ladies wednesday".  

I wouldn't purchase his product because I don't think there is value to be had in what he is offering.  If these businesses were charging me more and taking that money to support groups I fundamentally don't agree with then yes I would avoid giving them the extra money to donate to those groups.  

I'm not overly worried about the "fair" aspect.  I pick businesses based on my opinion of the local ownership and the quality of the product.  He wouldn't make the grade.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Would you boycott a restaurant that has kids eat free or a wild working ladies' Wednesday

Quoting katy_kay08:

I don't go to bars so yes I guess I do.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Do you people who would boycott this boycott places that have ladies' nights?

• katy_kay08
    May 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I tend to think the word "boycott" is a bit strong.  I wouldn't actively seek to limit his business, I just wouldn't give him any.  

• DestinyHLewis
    May 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I think it's hilarious. It must not hurt him if he is still in business. ;-)

• Euphoric
    May 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Agree

Quoting krysstizzle:

*eyeroll*

I wouldn't shop there. If the signs were reversed, I still wouldn't shop there. Childish behavior in adults is embarrasing and gross, imo.

• KreatingMe
    May 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I think you're a troll. That's the new PC word for it :-)

Quoting Jack_Squat:

We are surrounded by fracking, and have been for many years. Nobody here has had an issue.

Quoting KreatingMe:

I'd invite him to drink a nice tall pitcher of water my from my tap, which has been contaminated by radioactive waste water from fracking , which was deliberately dumped, into the water ways. In fact I'd invite him to move here and we'll check his health in about 10 years. Since he thinks fracking is so wonderful. Asshole! Obviously, I wouldn't give him my business. 

• Caera
    by Caera
    May 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I think it's awesome. I'd totally go there, and enjoy my much less expensive purchases.

• Talee
    by Talee
    May 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM

isnt that a form of segregation?

• autodidact
    May 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I make my own liberal smooties with aborted babies and the tears of Jebus. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts