Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Debmomto2girls
Hate is a strong word
April 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM
How can you hate someone you do not know? I have always found this interesting. People hate the Boston Bombers, they hate Obama, they hated Bush, etc. Is it just a word we throw around or do you really feel hate for these people?

Replies

• katy_kay08
    April 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM

There is one person in my life that I have felt pure hate towards.  I've had to work very hard to distance myself from the horrible things he did that led me to feel such deep seated disdain for him so I could move to a place of indifference. .  Strangers?  I don't hate them.  That is just too much energy to give someone that has not touched my life in any way.  

• Debmomto2girls
    April 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    That is how I feel. If I am feeling hate towards someone, I let them go. IMO, hate is more toxic for you than the person you hate. But, for people whom I do not know or who have no affect in my life? I just cannot muster up that feeling.

Quoting katy_kay08:

There is one person in my life that I have felt pure hate towards.  I've had to work very hard to distance myself from the horrible things he did that led me to feel such deep seated disdain for him so I could move to a place of indifference. .  Strangers?  I don't hate them.  That is just too much energy to give someone that has not touched my life in any way.  

• toomanypoodles
    April 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

• romalove
    April 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

There are lots of Christians who are not called "haters".  

What do you think the difference between them and you is?

• Debmomto2girls
    April 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    I think people have a hard time deciphering between hate, non-belief and judgement.

I may judge someone's action i.e. I do judge mom's who smoke around their kids but I do not hate. As a nurse, I have strong opinions on certain things but I do not hate someone because of their choices even when I really believe they are wrong.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

• toomanypoodles
    April 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

If that makes people hate me, then so be it.

• romalove
    April 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Wow.

You are slamming fellow Christians.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

• Debmomto2girls
    April 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM

You never see the "gray areas" of situations?  Is everything right or wrong?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

• toomanypoodles
    May 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

You are slamming fellow Christians.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

No I'm not---I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but if someone will not speak out and stand up for their beliefs, then they are weak in their witness for Christ. 

Christians who remain silent in the face of evil are doing wrong.  Plain and simple. 

The reason some hate me around here is because I oppose abortion, same sex marriage, handouts to able-bodied people, gun rights and a few other conservative values.  I stand up for what I believe in and don't just accept the things that God calls wrong. 

If that makes me a homophobe or a right-wing zealot, or a hater, fine.  Good.  Call me what you want---I'm not out to please these women in here, I must please my God. 

• toomanypoodles
    May 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

You never see the "gray areas" of situations?  Is everything right or wrong?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

There is good and evil, right and wrong.  You're correct, there are no grey areas in my outlook.  I stand up for my convictions and will take my truth to my grave.  God's word is God's word and I will stand upon it. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts