IhartU
What makes the Bible/Qu'ran any different than the other collections of myths throughout history?
by IhartU
April 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yes, I'm asking a religious question. Either answer it or don't but if you feel the need to insult me about it- then don't waste your time and just move on.

I have asked this question numerous time in the 6 years I've been on CM and the only answer I've ever gotten was 'faith'.

I don't accept that response- it answers nothing.

There HAS to be something in that particuar collection of stories that is different which would make it true while all others 'myths' are not. What do you see when reading the bible that you don't see in other- even older religions that makes you believe it to be real/true while denying the others and calling them man-made myths?

Replies

• tooptimistic
    April 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Wow. You have made enough anti religion posts, that I have changed my mind and decided to become Atheist.   

You obviously think any religion is a myth, so why keep poking at it?

• paganbaby
    April 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I've yet to find that answer either.

• IhartU
    by IhartU
    April 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

Wow. You have made enough anti religion posts, that I have changed my mind and decided to become Atheist.   

Didn't answer my question.

Move along.

• tooptimistic
    April 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

If you don't believe in religion why do you need an answer?

Quoting paganbaby:

• IhartU
    by IhartU
    April 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

Yes, but I'm anti-religion and god-bashing simply because I'm asking them a question I'm sincerely interested in.

Even when I DID believe in god, I wondered why the biblical god was the one that was real while the other god's I had read about in mythology were not.

• LucyMom08
    April 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

The amount of current adherents...

• tooptimistic

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Move along.

You posted the Christian challenge right, where Christians were supposed to deny being Christian by wearing an Atheist shirt for a week, right?

If you don't believe in religion at all, there is nothing any one could possibly say to you that would be an answer. 

• OwlNuggets

Because those books were written specifically for religious use while other important books (Aesop's Fables) were written for a different reason. (To teach morals)

Hell I don't know! I'm a Satanist!

• OwlNuggets
    April 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

It's a fucking social experiment, not an oppression of Christians. GOOD THING CHRISTIANS ARE SO OPEN-MINDED.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Move along.

You posted the Christian challenge right, where Christians were supposed to deny being Christian by wearing an Atheist shirt for a week, right?

If you don't believe in religion at all, there is nothing any one could possibly say to you that would be an answer. 

• tooptimistic
    April 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I am sorry but I don't see denouncing my beliefs for a week a social experiment.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It's a fucking social experiment, not an oppression of Christians. GOOD THING CHRISTIANS ARE SO OPEN-MINDED.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Move along.