Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Carpy
Something different. What do you collect?
by Carpy
April 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I collect antiques.  Anything Mickey and Occupied Japan items, primarily, but other things as well.  I have a bedroom that is antiqued.  And I also collect Plates series' with wolves and eagles.

Replies

• krysstizzle
    April 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Books. Any, all, and every kind. 

• Kmcasey9
    April 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM

When I was younger, I collected banks. I still have my collection in a box in my basement (I am 41).  The past 15 or so years, I have found myself collecting monkey-themed antiques (old figurines, Steiffs, etc).

My ODD collects rocks (she even has a display) and turtle-themed things (I started calling her Turtle-Bug the day she was born).

My ODS collected Ty Beanie Bears.  Only the bears.  He still keeps his 2 favorites on his bed (Chilly and Sparkle Bear).

My youngest DS and DD don't collect anything...yet :)

• Sisteract

Polish Pottery

Oil paintings

Teapots

LLadros

Cooking gadgets

I always pick up something authentic when I travel.

• mikiemom

I do Antiques - the 1890s and 1930s are my era, My Dh likes stuf from the 50s.

carnival glass, furniture, jewlery books, old hats - any art decco item from the 30's depression glass.

• katy_kay08
    April 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I collect cake plates 

• Kmcasey9
    April 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Polish Pottery

Oil paintings

Teapots

LLadros

Cooking gadgets

I always pick up something authentic when I travel.

I pick up something when I travel, too!  I collect ornaments from vacation spots or to commemorate special occasions.  When we decorate our tree, we love to revisit those memories :)

• KeepOnWalking

My husband collects shot glasses. I like candles or candle wax for the pot. :)

• MrsBridges19

Hats.  I collect Tampa Bay Lightning hats.  They're on display in my living room.

• jaxTheMomm
    April 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I'm really not a collector of anything.  I get bored too quickly and dislike clutter.  I can't think of anything I own that I think, "I must have more of this" unless it's shoes or vodka.

I think I'm a packrat by nature and I've had to be very disciplined.  I cleaned out my basement 2 years ago and wound up donating something like 6 or 7 garbage bags full of books.  That was hard.

Wait - I thought of something.  Spices.  My spice cabinet is 4 shelves high and two cabinets wide.  Does that count?  But it's only because I cook a lot and spices are expensive.  I don't think it counts...

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    April 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Some banks can be really valuable.  (and I don't mean the money in them LOL)

Quoting Kmcasey9:

When I was younger, I collected banks. I still have my collection in a box in my basement (I am 41).  The past 15 or so years, I have found myself collecting monkey-themed antiques (old figurines, Steiffs, etc).

My ODD collects rocks (she even has a display) and turtle-themed things (I started calling her Turtle-Bug the day she was born).

My ODS collected Ty Beanie Bears.  Only the bears.  He still keeps his 2 favorites on his bed (Chilly and Sparkle Bear).

My youngest DS and DD don't collect anything...yet :)

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN