Carpy
Something different. What do you collect?
by Carpy
April 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I collect antiques.  Anything Mickey and Occupied Japan items, primarily, but other things as well.  I have a bedroom that is antiqued.  And I also collect Plates series' with wolves and eagles.

Replies

• krysstizzle
    April 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Books. Any, all, and every kind. 

• Kmcasey9
    April 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM

When I was younger, I collected banks. I still have my collection in a box in my basement (I am 41).  The past 15 or so years, I have found myself collecting monkey-themed antiques (old figurines, Steiffs, etc).

My ODD collects rocks (she even has a display) and turtle-themed things (I started calling her Turtle-Bug the day she was born).

My ODS collected Ty Beanie Bears.  Only the bears.  He still keeps his 2 favorites on his bed (Chilly and Sparkle Bear).

My youngest DS and DD don't collect anything...yet :)

• Sisteract

Polish Pottery

Oil paintings

Teapots

LLadros

Cooking gadgets

I always pick up something authentic when I travel.

• mikiemom

I do Antiques - the 1890s and 1930s are my era, My Dh likes stuf from the 50s.

carnival glass, furniture, jewlery books, old hats - any art decco item from the 30's depression glass.

• katy_kay08
    April 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I collect cake plates 

• Kmcasey9
    April 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Polish Pottery

Oil paintings

Teapots

LLadros

Cooking gadgets

I always pick up something authentic when I travel.

I pick up something when I travel, too!  I collect ornaments from vacation spots or to commemorate special occasions.  When we decorate our tree, we love to revisit those memories :)

• KeepOnWalking

My husband collects shot glasses. I like candles or candle wax for the pot. :)

• MrsBridges19

Hats.  I collect Tampa Bay Lightning hats.  They're on display in my living room.

• jaxTheMomm
    April 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I'm really not a collector of anything.  I get bored too quickly and dislike clutter.  I can't think of anything I own that I think, "I must have more of this" unless it's shoes or vodka.

I think I'm a packrat by nature and I've had to be very disciplined.  I cleaned out my basement 2 years ago and wound up donating something like 6 or 7 garbage bags full of books.  That was hard.

Wait - I thought of something.  Spices.  My spice cabinet is 4 shelves high and two cabinets wide.  Does that count?  But it's only because I cook a lot and spices are expensive.  I don't think it counts...

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    April 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Some banks can be really valuable.  (and I don't mean the money in them LOL)

Quoting Kmcasey9:

When I was younger, I collected banks. I still have my collection in a box in my basement (I am 41).  The past 15 or so years, I have found myself collecting monkey-themed antiques (old figurines, Steiffs, etc).

My ODD collects rocks (she even has a display) and turtle-themed things (I started calling her Turtle-Bug the day she was born).

My ODS collected Ty Beanie Bears.  Only the bears.  He still keeps his 2 favorites on his bed (Chilly and Sparkle Bear).

My youngest DS and DD don't collect anything...yet :)