Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
DestinyHLewis
If a 7 year old "gets it", why can't Congress seem to grasp the concept?
April 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM

My 7 year old daughter has been home sick for a week. We had a ton of make up work to get through. Normally this assignment would have been completed in class. 

My daughter asked for help with the following assignment. Being a former teacher, I am not going to just give the answers to her, so I simply read the definition provided, and the question, then asked her what she thought Jill didn't have enough of, or what she was missing, and repeated, " What is scarce for Jill?".

About 4 minutes later I noticed she had moved on to another worksheet, so I asked to see her work. This is what my 1st grader answered. 

I was dying laughing! I know that isn't the answer they were looking for, but I couldn't have her change it. She just saw the root of the problem. Waiting to see what her teacher says about it. Lol 
Out of the mouthes of babes. ;-) 

Replies

• JCB911
    by JCB911
    April 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Very cute  - smart girl.

Probably they'll mark it wrong.  But had she put that gov't intervention in her life was what Jill need b/c money was scarce they'd mark it right.

• Britty1987
    April 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Cute!  Gotta love kids!

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    April 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Awww, that's so cute and sooooo smart
  • BellaByrdie
    April 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

That is funny.  

• DestinyHLewis
    April 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I guess it depends on the teacher. I don't have a clue what her teacher will say. I am thinking she will laugh as hard as I did. We shall see. Lol 

Quoting JCB911:

Very cute  - smart girl.

Probably they'll mark it wrong.  But had she put that gov't intervention in her life was what Jill need b/c money was scarce they'd mark it right.

• tooptimistic
    April 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I think I like Jill and her parents.

• DestinyRoseLC
    April 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Something my son would have said. He's 8 and keeps begging for me to let him work, when I asked why he said "school is a dead end job, I get no money and I work hard. The video games I want is like 60 bucks! I need a job!" I just about died. Had to reel his butt in telling him school is a stepping stone so he can get that job. Needless to say hes not happy with me. Thank God these kids have the basics right. Work for what you want and need. :-)
  • Ms.KitKat
    April 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I Love it! You've got one smart kid there!

• DestinyHLewis
    April 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I've decided to add this to my weekly letters I send to our Congressional and local leaders. Lol 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

• Ms.KitKat
    April 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Good thinking!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I've decided to add this to my weekly letters I send to our Congressional and local leaders. Lol 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts