If you are 36, or older, you might think this is hilarious!
When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morningâŚ. UphillâŚ BarefootâŚ BOTH waysâŚyadda, yadda, yadda
And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy theyâve got it!
But now that Iâm over the ripe old age of forty, I canât help but look around and notice the youth of today. Youâve got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you donât know how good youâve got it!
1) I mean, when I was a kid we didnât have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!
2) There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter â with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!
3) Child Protective Services didnât care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!
4) There were no MP3â˛s or Napsters or iTunes! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!
5) Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. Weâd play our favorite tape and âejectâ it when finished, and then the tape would come undone rendering it useless. Cause, hey, thatâs how we rolled, Baby! Dig?
6) We didnât have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, thatâs it!
7) There werenât any freakinâ cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didnât make a damn call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch with your âfriendsâ. OH MY GOSH !!! Think of the horrorâŚ not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then thereâs TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are.
8) And we didnât have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your parents, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, the collection agentâŚ you just didnât know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
9) We didnât have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like âSpace Invadersâ and âAsteroidsâ. Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen.. Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
10) You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, whatâs the world coming to?!?!
11) There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what Iâm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!
12) And we didnât have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!
13) And our parents told us to stay outside and playâŚ all day long. Oh, no, no electronics to soothe and comfort. And if you came back insideâŚ you were doing chores!
And car seats â oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were lucky, you got the âsafety armâ across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling âshot gunâ in the first place!
See! Thatâs exactly what Iâm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. Youâre spoiled rotten! You guys wouldnât have lasted five minutes back in 1970 or any time before!
The Over 40 Crowd
For the personality impaired this is a joke now pull the corn cobs out of your ass! There is that better it says this is a joke now. OMFG!
- Only group members can vote in this poll.
- 10% - I am under 40 and found this offensive.
- 60% - I am under 40 and found it to be funny.
- 0% - I am over 40 and was offended.
- 30% - I am over 40 and found this to be funny and a walk down memory lane.
- 0% - I am a douche and I am not stating my age but I am a cray baby with hurt feelings
I am going based on the story given not your opinion so. no not changing it sorry to burst your bubble
I hate to burst your bubble. But I'm 32 and most of that applies to me too. And it would most of my friends.
Maybe you should change the title to those under 30.
Evolution. Are we suppose to stay back in time and not grow into better human beings? What a disappointment humans would be if we didnt prosper and develop into smarter beings. Idk when older people complain it just sends out vibes theyre envious. Sorry life wasnt easier in your time and it is in ours????
Im 31 and I've done or had to do almost everything on that list.
by MrsImperfectApril 10, 2013 at 2:36 AMJust remember you were considered spoiled brats in your great grandparents time. When there was no tv. Washed clothes with a wash board. One room houses and schools....
Yeppers!!! I'm 38. I never, ever rode a school bus until my kids went on a school field trip. Lol I walked the 2 miles to my 1st job in hs. We now live .01 miles from our elementary, I can see the grounds from my home. My kids, along with everyone I know in my neighborhood, the kids have walked since k. All my kids friends come and k + come, and walk with my kids. It's like when I was a kid. Love it! :)
I don't dis support bussing. :) we just never used it. My freshman year, my dad drove me the 10 miles to school. :) I was lucky. :)