Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
MentorMom1
Exposure to Second Hand Smoke in Pregnancy Linked to Children's Behavior Problems -
April 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/secondhand-smoke-linked-behavior-problems-children-141708359.html

A new study shows that a mother's exposure to second-hand smoke in pregnancy can affect their children -the next generation - causing behavior problems. Why give cigarettes so much power? .

Replies

• Donna6503
    April 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    I don't smoke; and as a general rule, I really hate being around smokers when they're are smoking.

Still, with that said; I tend to doubt those studies that focus on second hand smoke. There is always something wrong with em when you look into the details of the studies.
  • paganbaby
    April 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Good thing I don't smoke.

• ktp111
    by ktp111
    April 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I'm sorry for smoking now!!!

• Bieg9093
    April 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Nonsense...chicken and the egg here.  They type of parents who'd avoid smoke while pregnant are the same parents who'd make proactive choices regarding their kids' behavior.

• LizzieAnnesMom
    April 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    Everyone is aware of the effects of smoking and exposing their children to second hand smoke. Does it stop them? Absolutely not. Why? Because the feeling parents get from a cigarette is more important.
  • MentorMom1
    April 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I think the only difference between the two types of parents is that one doesn't buy cigarettes! Whether they're thinking about the well-being of their children makes no difference. I never smoked because I'm sensitive to odors. It didn't occur to be to take up the habit. IThere are many more moms just like me.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Nonsense...chicken and the egg here.  They type of parents who'd avoid smoke while pregnant are the same parents who'd make proactive choices regarding their kids' behavior.

• pamelax3
    April 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I was exposed to second hand smoke with all three of my children and this is crap, not one of them have a behavior problem

• EireLass
    April 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My Mom smoked while pregnant with all 8 kids - no issues. My ex-husband smoked while I was pregnant and up until he left (ages 11 & 8)....no issues.

• Tarot
    by Tarot
    Tea
    April 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I don't trust studies on second-hand smoke. The methodology is often skewed to the extreme, and a lot of variables are omitted. 

• Bieg9093
    April 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Your article says second hand smoke during pregnancy.  I read that to mean the pregnant women avoided being around others who might be smoking and/or fathers & other family members avoided being around her while smoking.

Quoting MentorMom1:

I think the only difference between the two types of parents is that one doesn't buy cigarettes! Whether they're thinking about the well-being of their children makes no difference. I never smoked because I'm sensitive to odors. It didn't occur to be to take up the habit. IThere are many more moms just like me.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN