Replies

• Friday
    by Friday
    April 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting jcribb16:

Guilty conscience?

No, you didn't call me anything but you talk down to me like I'm scum so, same difference.

Tell you what. I apologize. Someone right before you commented on my post and attacked me when she clearly misunderstood. I shouldn't have taken it out on you and I am sorry. We are all sick here so my tude isn't at it's best. I will sincerely work to be more respectful.

I believe that most pro-lifers who use the term pro-abort/ion are being rude and their intention is to insult both actions only serve to boost their opinion of themselves, hence self righteous. Every single pro-lifer I have seen use that term on CM affirms that belief with many of the other things they say in abortion debates.

No guilty conscience - I just felt like things were getting way too personal and I didn't like being accused for something I wasn't thinking of nor trying to do to you.  I have never thought of you as a "dirty liberal" and that was kind of like the last straw scenario.

Thank you for your apology - I really appreciate it.  And please know I was not trying to be condescending to you, and I sincerely apologize that it came across that way.  I'm sorry to hear of your sick household - that can definitely take a toll on a mom.  I've been sick, myself, and struggling with some issues in our family, so I totally understand where you are coming from. I hope everyone starts feeling better asap, including you.

I can see where you are coming from in thinking that about those certain ones who use the term "pro-abortion."  I will say that I have noticed a couple of times what you are speaking of.  

I know some people, because of the term having been part of their earlier years, refuse to deviate from "pro-abortion" or from "anti-abortion" because for many years, for and against abortion was indeed the devisive and hot issue of the time.  

I have read and heard, too, that some people say that "pro-choice" is a much nicer/kinder term, which still supports abortion, but does now include 'choices' for the moms.  "Pro-life" in my opinion, most definitely champions for the right to life for the babies, but at the same time, should/does include 'choices/alternatives' for moms, including alternatives to abortion, educating young ladies and moms, and learning about choices, birth control, caring for babies, etc.

P.S.  I deleted the one post, and again, thank you.

Thank you. We are passing some stomach bug around and I'm getting tired of being sick.

I can understand people being stuck in their ways but I still feel it's disrespectful to use that term. The terminology has changed and they should respect the labels others choose for themselves.

I'm absolutely for more education. This abstinance only garbage has failed. We need comprehensive sex ed and the truth, not either sides propaganda. I also support easy access to b/c and support for women who find themselves in this situation. I would love for abortion to be rare but don't believe outlawing it will have the desired affect.

I'm not a fan of women who have repeated abortions but have seen no evidence that this is the majority. Every person I know who has had an abortion, and many with kids, were on at least one form of b/c when they got pregnant.

• Friday
    by Friday
    April 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Diane1223:

You actually did throw an insult my way by saying that I have reading comprehension issues, which I do not. You said that ” the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.” You did not say anything about only certain pro lifers using the term. Yes, I am fairly new to Cafe Mom (been on here about 4 mos or so) but if you think about it being pro choice is still being for abortion, in one way, shape or form.....because you are not fully against it. I did skim through some comments, but I obviously read yours if I quoted it.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Diane1223:

Wow, really?!!!! I, myself, being STRONGLY PRO LIFE, have never heard anyone use the word ”pro abortion” ONLY pro choice. And yes, I have many pro choice friends. But, according to you I am self righteous, morally superior,.and insulting. According to me, you are just plain selfish and you sound ignorant. Life is precious, but no one values it, now a days!

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

Wow, reading comprehension issues much? I said those who use the term pro-abortion are self righteous, think they are morally superior and intend to be insulting. If you don't use that term, then I wasn't talking about you, at all. I never said all pro-lifers are any of those things but I get how some people need to feign outrage over nothing. You are obviously new to CM because calling pro-choicers 'pro-aborts' is all the rage with many pro-lifers here. Why else would the OP make an entire post about it?

I'll be nice and not return the insults since you obviously misunderstood my original comments. Maybe next time you could try actually reading others comments instead of skimming, assuming and jumping to incorrect conclusions.

I didn't insult you, I asked a question since you completely misunderstood my comments and had to stoop to personal attacks instead of asking for clarification.

I didn't say all pro-lifers, so I didn't mean all. I'm only responsible for what I say not for your interpretation of it.

Pro-abortion implies that I like abortion or think it's a good thing, like I would recommend or encourage it. That is not the case, I simply think that our medical decisions should be made by us, the patient and our doc...not a bunch of suits in DC who generally don't know what they are talking about.

• LindaClement
    April 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I remember overhearing things like that as a kid, and quietly storing them away for figuring out later. Some of them were wicked gross!

Quoting gludwig2000:

I must have had a truly demented childhood, because I thought everyone had heard that one, and I was only about 10 the first time I did,lol. In my defense, I didn't know what it meant, and when I asked, my mom wasn't too thrilled with me,hehe.
    Quoting LindaClement:

OMG! No!

I love it! Gross... but hilarious!

Quoting gludwig2000:

Have you heard the one where the mom tells the kid "to think, I could have swallowed you" ?
    Quoting LindaClement:

An argument for retroactive abortions ... as we used to say in jr. high :D

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I am pro choice and pro abortion. I do believe there are women who truly need one. Especially on CM.

• TruthSeeker.
    April 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I've never met anyone that was pro abortion.

• Mrmomz
    by Mrmomz
    April 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Such a sad topic I'm not even sure how abortion is legal.. You have so done like Casey Anthony who allegedly killed her daughter and everyone wants to see her locked up for life or given the death penalty but the. You have millions of woman having abortion and no one presses charge wtf it's the same thing. I'd give Casey Anthony more credit than a woman that had a abortion because atleast her child experienced some life.. That's something these babies we never have the chance to experience.being born breathing air running playing laughing. Just because so egging is legal doesn't make it right.. People always say well what about rape victims what about them they make up a very very small amount amount of abortions probally a half percent if that.. That child didn't do anything.. We live in a world with way to many options.. Abortion is just a tool for population control when the laws where made to approve abortion morality wasn't even a factor... Any people say woman's right to have a abortion who said we as people are entitled to have a abortion it's disgusting.. It's always a tool to weed out the good from the evil... It's not supposed to be a perfect world good and him has to exists choices have to be made to see who goes where after death don't be fooled people and think well it's a option and legal so it must be ok... So many groups and organizations are In places to help every animal but not to many for unborn babies.. Freaking cats and dogs have more rights than a unborn baby how is that right..
  • EireLass
    April 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

How do you know this?

Quoting Mrmomz:

Such a sad topic I'm not even sure how abortion is legal.. You have so done like Casey Anthony who allegedly killed her daughter and everyone wants to see her locked up for life or given the death penalty but the. You have millions of woman having abortion and no one presses charge wtf it's the same thing. I'd give Casey Anthony more credit than a woman that had a abortion because atleast her child experienced some life.. That's something these babies we never have the chance to experience.being born breathing air running playing laughing. Just because so egging is legal doesn't make it right.. People always say well what about rape victims what about them they make up a very very small amount amount of abortions probally a half percent if that.. That child didn't do anything.. We live in a world with way to many options.. Abortion is just a tool for population control when the laws where made to approve abortion morality wasn't even a factor... Any people say woman's right to have a abortion who said we as people are entitled to have a abortion it's disgusting.. It's always a tool to weed out the good from the evil... It's not supposed to be a perfect world good and him has to exists choices have to be made to see who goes where after death don't be fooled people and think well it's a option and legal so it must be ok... So many groups and organizations are In places to help every animal but not to many for unborn babies.. Freaking cats and dogs have more rights than a unborn baby how is that right..

• masonmomma
    April 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    If your first response to an unwanted pregnancy is "have an abortion..." I consider you pro abortion. Fortunately, I haven't seen many. Im still pretty shocked at how often it is pressed and immediately recommended here on cm.
  • Mrmomz
    by Mrmomz
    April 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Common since I guess there's way more consentual sex than there are rapes even though a lot of some or most rapes go unreported there are way more people have ing it willingly than not so that would carry over to more people that have abortions conceived during wanted sex..
  • annabl1970
    April 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Pro choice

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN