Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
loverbug75
How can you stop AN abortion?
April 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?
Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.

Replies

• loverbug75
    April 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    Opinion not option*

Quoting loverbug75:

If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?

Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.

• blondekosmic15
    April 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thank you for posting this. I have an early appt in the morning. Will address this important issue asap...

bump

• ..MoonShine..
    April 2, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I don't try to stop it. It's none of my business. And if a friend makes it my business, I will support her in whatever decision she makes. 

• EireLass
    April 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Good question. I always wonder - to those who are against abortion - how many of these women they've actually taken into their home to provide the correct living situations (roof over their head, food, medical care) at their own expense, and then adopted the baby when it was born.

Of course in CafeMom...when this question is asked...everyone claims to be a foster parent and adoptive parent. If that were true....how is it there are still so many unwanted children out there?

• gammie
    by gammie
    April 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Telling the truth is the only way to educate, It is a baby!!

In my family we did tell the young girls we would help with the babies if they needed it.

After their babies were born they wanted to raise them.

• LilyofPhilly
    April 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Seriously, if they truly believed that abortion was murdering a person, each and every one of them would have at least one desperate mother sheltered in her home to save the baby, just like the people that shelteted Jews in their homes during the holocaust to save their lives. They wouldn't even have to worry about being arrested like those heroic Germans did. Just think of all the babies they COULD save by their personal actions and the only consequence would be inconvenience.
  • parentalrights1
    April 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Prolifers don't tell the truth. They appeal to emotions. They carry pictures of fully developed, born children in order to appeal to emotions while they about that life begins at conception, because showing an embryo with a sperm attached doesn't appeal as much.

It doesn't matter anyway. If it is in someone else's body then that person can choose whether it stays or not.

If life starts at conception then a Petri dish of fertilized embryos is a dish full of babies too

Quoting gammie:

Telling the truth is the only way to educate, It is a baby!!

In my family we did tell the young girls we would help with the babies if they needed it.

After their babies were born they wanted to raise them.

• parentalrights1
    April 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Yeah. All it is about is trying to feel morally superior to others and "winning" the game by illegalizing it. They care not about the other babies. They think "how sad" sure, but they go about their days not thinking much more of it

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Seriously, if they truly believed that abortion was murdering a person, each and every one of them would have at least one desperate mother sheltered in her home to save the baby, just like the people that shelteted Jews in their homes during the holocaust to save their lives. They wouldn't even have to worry about being arrested like those heroic Germans did. Just think of all the babies they COULD save by their personal actions and the only consequence would be inconvenience.

• Denisethedaring
    April 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Good lord, don't encourage them. :)  There are enough of them that harrass people going into Planned Parenthood as it is, and most of them are not bright enough to realize that the Planned Parenthood they are picketing does not actually perform abortions (most of them don't) and therefore yelling "You're taking a life!  Don't kill your baby!"  makes them look pretty ridiculous to those of us who happen to be going in there for a pap smear and birth control prescription (yep, me, some  years ago)...actively AVOIDING teh possibility of a future abortion, as it happened.  You'd think they'd be cheering us on. :)  

• OHgirlinCA
    April 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Many times it comes down to if the pregnant girl feels like she has a support system or not.  If she feels like she'll be able to overcome any obstacles in her way, she may be more likely to keep her child. 

Shaming someone or going to a clinic and yelling obscenities is not going to convince anyone not to have an abortion. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts