Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
LucyMom08
Pro-Life Women...
March 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I have a question...why is it that you think that you should have the right to make personal medical decisions for strangers? Would you share your doctor's phone number with strangers and let them make the call on treatment options for you?

Replies

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    March 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

ProLifers do not care about anything other than the life of the fetus. They feel the people involved, including that mother, should have no rights aside from giving birth and A: Keeping it or B: Putting it up for Adoption. 

Those are the only two options they will allow. 

• fireangel5
    March 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

So because I have an opinion different from yours. yet I do NOTHING to prevent you acting on your free will, suddenly I am making decisions for strangers? Why would I allow you or anyone to make medical decisions for me? I don't make them for you. Perhaps you would have disagreed with the course of action I took during my illness. You had your opinion but please explain how in any way, you having a THOUGHT differing from mine, affected me or my course of action in any way?

• fireangel5
    March 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Awfully broad brush you are using there. But the beauty is, you are entitled to your thoughts :)

Quoting GOBryan:

ProLifers do not care about anything other than the life of the fetus. They feel the people involved, including that mother, should have no rights aside from giving birth and A: Keeping it or B: Putting it up for Adoption. 

Those are the only two options they will allow. 

• talia-mom
    March 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

That is not an accurate question for many women who are pro-life.

• chloedee
    March 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    So you're personally pro-life, but wouldn't vote to make abortion illegal?

Quoting fireangel5:

So because I have an opinion different from yours. yet I do NOTHING to prevent you acting on your free will, suddenly I am making decisions for strangers? Why would I allow you or anyone to make medical decisions for me? I don't make them for you. Perhaps you would have disagreed with the course of action I took during my illness. You had your opinion but please explain how in any way, you having a THOUGHT differing from mine, affected me or my course of action in any way?

• LucyMom08
    March 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Why?

Quoting talia-mom:

• talia-mom
    March 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM

because you instantly lumped any woman that is pro-life into someone that wants to control your medical decisions.   That simply is not accurate at all.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Why?

Quoting talia-mom:

• LucyMom08

I'm not really understanding your comment in relation to my OP...can you elaborate, please?

Quoting fireangel5:

• LucyMom08

Why is that not accurate?

Quoting talia-mom:

because you instantly lumped any woman that is pro-life into someone that wants to control your medical decisions.   That simply is not accurate at all.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Why?

Quoting talia-mom:

• talia-mom
    March 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Because not everyone who is pro-life thinks that way.

Your bias is showing.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Why is that not accurate?

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Why?

Quoting talia-mom:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts