Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
LucyMom08
Jumping On The Bandwagon...
March 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Amid all this furor of SSM being debated, I see the same things pop up over and over again...about the word 'marriage', yada, yada, yada...

And I just plain don't get it...married is married is married...it's not a special religious right only granted to Christians...

What is so hard about this concept?

Replies

• MissTacoBell
    March 29, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    Lol I think you mean fervor not furor (that's hitler).
  • LucyMom08
    March 29, 2013 at 1:33 AM

No, that's fuhrer...with umlauts...

Quoting MissTacoBell:

• lwalker270
    March 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    I agree with you.
  • BuckeyezRule
    March 29, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I'm a practicing catholic. My mom is a never ever miss mass, not fast, etc. lol she had me and my sis attend mass every Saturday night or Sunday morning from age 8, at communion, to 18, adult. We lapsed. I came back. Hubby wanted me to, as he wanted to convert. He did in 2003. Baptized, confession, communion, confirmation. :)

today, he is more involved in the Catholic Church, than I, as a kid who attended catholic school, k-9th grade. Our kids go to ccd classes. 

We both strongly support same sex marriage. I support choice. Hubby does for others, but not himself. :) but, we are very 'right' on tax issues. Lol

• turtle68
    March 29, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Quoting MissTacoBell:

LOL...fervor = with gusto

furore =  frenzied outburst usually in the public

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM

My one nephews SO, is Catholic, he goes to the same church I grew up in.  He is very devout in many ways.  He is out and accepted in the church.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

I'm a practicing catholic. My mom is a never ever miss mass, not fast, etc. lol she had me and my sis attend mass every Saturday night or Sunday morning from age 8, at communion, to 18, adult. We lapsed. I came back. Hubby wanted me to, as he wanted to convert. He did in 2003. Baptized, confession, communion, confirmation. :)

today, he is more involved in the Catholic Church, than I, as a kid who attended catholic school, k-9th grade. Our kids go to ccd classes. 

We both strongly support same sex marriage. I support choice. Hubby does for others, but not himself. :) but, we are very 'right' on tax issues. Lol

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    March 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I laughed so hard! thanks for that...hahahahahaha

Quoting LucyMom08:

No, that's fuhrer...with umlauts...

Quoting MissTacoBell:

• LucyMom08
    March 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM

bump

• Sisteract
    March 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Of course...all are made in his likeness. All are accepted in the RC faith. Those who would say otherwise are ignorant of the real message of "love one another as I have loved you and go forth and spread the good ( not homophobic) news."

Quoting Carpy:

My one nephews SO, is Catholic, he goes to the same church I grew up in.  He is very devout in many ways.  He is out and accepted in the church.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts