Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
TruthSeeker.
SSM and The Church
March 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

In states where SSM is legal should churches be allowed to turn SS couples that wish to be married away? Do you agree with laws that protect churches by giving them that right?

Replies

• SilverSterling
    March 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

As things stand right now Churches are a protected Class and shouldn't be forced to Marry anyone for any reason they want However if they ever loose their tax exceptions and can be taxed they should loose that right. I don't Like the fact that they can.. I understand the reasons why they do and can.. It doesn't mean I have to like it... 

• butterflyblue19
    March 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Let em. It's not going to stop those people from marrying,that's what  a JOTP wedding is for. Equal marriage is happening,like it or not. The sooner they stop dragging their heels the better.

• MissTacoBell
    March 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    We would have no deficit if churches paid taxes. Just sayin
  • Imacakebaker

Yes laws should protect churches from having to marry gay people.

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

Will Christian schools be force to hire gay teachers too?? Probably.

• FromAtoZ

I absolutely feel that Churches should never be forced to join two people, of the same sex, together in Holy Matrimony.   If they choose to, fine.  Be forced to, no.

• talia-mom
    March 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Hyperbole is your specialty

Quoting MissTacoBell:

We would have no deficit if churches paid taxes. Just sayin

• FromAtoZ

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Yes laws should protect churches from having to marry gay people.

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

Will Christian schools be force to hire gay teachers too?? Probably.

How do you plan to determine who is, or is not, gay?  

• ..MoonShine..
    Hopefully I can explain this clearly. The clergy and the use of a church...yes, they should be protected (they should be able to turn them away). A facility that a church owns and rents out for public use, and if the couple is not asking that church clergy marry them, they should not be able to turn that down, IMO.
  • 1Giovanni
    March 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I think it is just fine that they turn them away and not be force to against their beliefs to marry them. Plus, why would they want to get married at a church if they know that the church does not support them. THere is plenty of churches that would be totally ok to marry them if they want to be married in a church.

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    March 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Yes, I think they should be able to

It wouldn't be right to force a church (or any other holy place) go against their teachings if they don't want too...

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN