Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
bless4more
Do you think that being gay is a choice or genetics
March 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

Replies

• Euphoric
    March 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Poor Mr. Ed

• autodidact
    March 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM

why does it matter, really? we're a free country, we're allowed choices.oh, and by that I mean YOUR OWN, not other peoples'. 

• ashellbell
    March 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Who cares if it is or isn't?
  • brookiecookie87
    March 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I don't ever remember making the choice to be straight, do you?

I also don't have a constant attraction to females that I have to choose to ignore. Do you have that impulse?

I imagine it is the same way for gay people.

If I some how decided to be attracted to other females I don't even know how I would go about making that change.

And can't it also be based on a persons chemical make up? I remember hearing that gay people have less testosterone. Though that could be a stereotype/coincidence since I have seen very manly gay people.

But as others point out. Does it really matter? They are still people.

• FromAtoZ
    March 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

People are born who they are.

Do I carry a gene that supports my being heterosexual?

• FromAtoZ
    March 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

Poor Mr. Ed

Buahahahahaha!

• ..MoonShine..
    March 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Not that it matters, but I do not believe it's a choice. Even if it was a choice...who cares?
  • Octobersmom
    March 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Science proves that it's genetic, religion teaches that it's a choice.  I'll go with science on this one.

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    March 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I think it can pretty much be both but mostly genetic. We knew my cousin was going to be gay when he was a little boy. 

• OHgirlinCA
    March 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Genetics.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts