Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
loverbug75
ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?
March 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Be honest.

Replies

• loverbug75
    March 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    Or to Moms who have been through this. What was your response?
  • Pink.Frosting
    March 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM

There is absolutely, positively nothing my kids could tell me or do that would make me stop loving them and doing everything I can for them.  I'm one of those "conservative mommas" but my kids trump everything else in this world.  That will never, ever change no matter what.

• mehamil1
    March 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Those who cast off their kids because they are gay are the scum of the earth and are not worthy of the treasure that is children. 

• loverbug75
    March 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    Cool. I like that. Now if we could just all remember that we are all somebody's baby:)

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

There is absolutely, positively nothing my kids could tell me or do that would make me stop loving them and doing everything I can for them.  I'm one of those "conservative mommas" but my kids trump everything else in this world.  That will never, ever change no matter what.

• loverbug75
    March 27, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Also I apologize if I use the term conservative to loosely to describe people who are not for marriage equality. It just seems that how it's been identified.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

• Pink.Frosting
    March 27, 2013 at 4:01 AM

It's ok.  But I'm probably about as conservative as they come.  But still - my kids will always be my kids and I will always be their momma and it doesn't matter if i approve of all their adult decisions or not.  I will love them through it, around it, despite it, any other way you can think of.  Nothing will ever come between me and the love I have for my kids.  There is nothing that could happen that would make me cast them aside.  Ever.

Quoting loverbug75:

Also I apologize if I use the term conservative to loosely to describe people who are not for marriage equality. It just seems that how it's been identified.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

• punky3175
    March 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    I'm not conservative but it wouldn't make any difference to me. In fact, I'm kind of waiting for my daughter to say something. She may very well just be a late bloomer but she's 16 (17 in October) and there has not been a peep about 'cute boys in school' or anything. She's uber focused on school work and has a really close female friend. *shrugs* Whatever. When she talks about her future she doesn't mention marriage or kids or relationship. I was boy crazy at her age but she's not. I'm happy about that and I'll just wait and see how things turn out. :-)
  • kailu1835
    March 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    Nothing. I wouldn't care. My husband and I had already discussed this possibility, before we ever had children. I know that if I had come out as gay or bisexual to my parents, they would have disowned me, and I wanted to make sure that no child of mine would have to go through that. During a time when life is about to become very difficult for them, the last thing they need is to be abandoned by the two people who are supposed to love them and accept them for who they are, unconditionally.
  • talia-mom
    March 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Have him redecorate my living room.

Have her help me understand the appeal of softball.

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

If he were gay we would already know.  That trail has been blazed already in this family.  He knows he would be just fine.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN