Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
carlyshort
after visit to china, duggars consider adopting
March 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Did anyone see this this morning on the today show?

Anyone have a opinion on this?

If they adopt, it will make them 20 children.

I think adoption is a wonderful idea.

Replies

• BethanyJ
    March 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Ummmm....I think adoption is wonderful in an ethical, open situation, but the Duggars adopting? If it were up to me, I'd say no.  First of all, they have 19 kids.  The older kids raise the younger ones, and while Michelle and Jim Bob seem like very devoted, loving parents, they are very "do as we say and feel or you WILL BE PUNISHED" and I would never want my child being raised like that if I were placing him or her for adoption.  I don't think China will allow the Duggars to adopt anyway, given their ages and previous health concerns, plus the amount of children they have. China has very strict laws as far as adoption goes, and I doubt the Duggars would be able to worm their way in.  A child is given up for adoption for various reasons, but the whole point is for them to be in a better situation than they would be in otherwise.  The Duggars' house would just be like a really really nice orphanage.  The child would always feel different and not one of the crowd, not to mention with 19 siblings, wouldn't get much individual attention.  If I were to give up my child, I'd want him or her to either be an only child or have a reasonable amount of siblings, 1 ideal, 2 pushing it, 3 at max.  Just my two cents.  

• Healthystart30
    March 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    No I don't think it's a good idea. They shouldn't be adopting children to have their girls take care of them. Plus IMO they are way to controlling, very close to being a cult.
  • sophiasmommy27
    March 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    smh, they need to just calm the fuck down.
    IMO lol
  • 1Giovanni
    March 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I think it is better then having more children. If they can help one child that needs it, what is the issue. How many kids they have means nothing to me. I have many cousins with 15-24 kids. They are wonderful families. 

• DixieL
    by DixieL
    March 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I know that it is up to them, but I think 19 is more than enough for any parents to have. I can't imagine how they supported the kids they have. Like I said though, it's none of my business.

• maciymommieof3

eye rolling

• PinkParadox
    This

Quoting BethanyJ:

Ummmm....I think adoption is wonderful in an ethical, open situation, but the Duggars adopting? If it were up to me, I'd say no.  First of all, they have 19 kids.  The older kids raise the younger ones, and while Michelle and Jim Bob seem like very devoted, loving parents, they are very "do as we say and feel or you WILL BE PUNISHED" and I would never want my child being raised like that if I were placing him or her for adoption.  I don't think China will allow the Duggars to adopt anyway, given their ages and previous health concerns, plus the amount of children they have. China has very strict laws as far as adoption goes, and I doubt the Duggars would be able to worm their way in.  A child is given up for adoption for various reasons, but the whole point is for them to be in a better situation than they would be in otherwise.  The Duggars' house would just be like a really really nice orphanage.  The child would always feel different and not one of the crowd, not to mention with 19 siblings, wouldn't get much individual attention.  If I were to give up my child, I'd want him or her to either be an only child or have a reasonable amount of siblings, 1 ideal, 2 pushing it, 3 at max.  Just my two cents.  

• carlyshort
    March 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    I assumed a good chunk of them were in their teens..with just maybe 5 or so under 10. I don't see what the issue is, the kids seem so well taken care of and happy. I mean, I have 3 and mine don't act nearly as well behaved as those kids.
  • Ms.KitKat
    March 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM

There is no way in HELL they will ever adopt from China UNLESS it is a special needs child . and even then, it'll be when hell freezes over. china is very strict with ages of pap and number of children in the family. Both factors they already exceed. If they end up with a child from China....I will know for certain that adoption is a scam.

• gludwig2000
    March 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Personally, I think that they already have their hands full, so why adopt?

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts