katy_kay08
Father kills 10-year-old son while cleaning gun
March 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Father kills 10-year-old son while cleaning gun

Robeson County deputies say 34-year-old Christopher Stanlane was on the couch in his Fairmont home wiping down the gun around 4 p.m. Sunday when it fired.

Investigators say the boy was sitting in front of his father watching television and was struck in the head. Paramedic declared him dead at the home.

No charges have been filed, and deputies are still investigating the shooting.

Replies

• wulfeyes05
    March 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

That's why you make damn sure to not point the barrel at anyone.

• Peanutx3
    March 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Sigh so sad.  Why must some parents be so dumb?

• furbabymum
    March 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I thought the first rule was checking to make sure it was unloaded. What a stupid and tragic event.

• brookiecookie87
    March 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

And why must those parents be allowed to have guns? I say we make it more like Japan (Not with the extreme limitations on guns) but with making it so people have to pass a written test. Get a background check, and a safe that seperates their ammo from their weapons.

Because these "accidents" seem to happen a lot more than they should.

• mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    March 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    :(
  • Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    March 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM

not cool

• Goodwoman614
    March 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting Peanutx3:

And why must those parents be allowed to have guns? I say we make it more like Japan (Not with the extreme limitations on guns) but with making it so people have to pass a written test. Get a background check, and a safe that seperates their ammo from their weapons.

Because they "accidents" seem to happen a lot more than they should.

B-b-b-but if I have to keep my ammo in a separate place, then it kinda negates the whole "self-protection" racketeering the gun huggers & especially traffickers have going on: can't blow away that rapist intruder if my Glock isn't locked & loaded!!!

• parentalrights1
    March 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Do guns fire without the trigger being pulled?
  • heresjohnny
    March 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

My grandpa is a retired game warden and my father taught hunter safety, so I was raised learning about gun safety. My dad taught us to ALWAYS treat a gun as if it were loaded.

• KristenFowles
    March 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    This father is going to hate himself forever.