blurp
All stores last p.m. denied food stamps : EVERYWHERE in the world
by blurp
March 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Walmart had told us, from a manager's or supervisor's saying this to us,  that worldwide, walmart had shut down on part of Saturday and Sunday evening ( or maybe more hrs, hard to tell,yet)  

That........ FOOD STAMPS cards were not being allowed into the system.   We tried 6 times to put it in manually into the system and it didn't work. 

Was anyone else shopping last night march 24, 2013?    Was anyone at walmart denied FS?

Replies

• canadianmom1974
    March 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    I find it hard to believe that this was a worldwide phenomenon. We don't even have food stamp cards here, people who qualify get a voucher kind of like a purchase order and they are only manually entered into our system. I'm not at Walmart, but I've seen them do the same type of entry I do at where I work.
  • coolmommy2x
    March 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    I live outside Philadelphia and yesterday at the produce store, a guy's FS card was denied. This was around 2:30 in the afternoon.
  • blurp
    by blurp
    March 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Even if you call them now, right this moment ... it's likely they'll say it wasn't world wide.. or just pass it off, and say it's a busy season they cannot talk, or ''don't you know it's the Holiday,'',  I'm just saying,... that is what we were told word for word last p.m. at our local store.

It's not a way to make money or anything, I mean most people wall to wall with cash were there, in a crowded ambush waiting to get out in their lines with their food carts, filled.   It wasn't like there were no  people there it seemed very overwhelming to me.   We went to find a spot to park and cars were line to line, row for row.   As far as the eye could see.

So.  nobody there for hrs and hrs had food stamps.  Until 9:00 p.m. and we went at 5:30 p.m.

• JLah
    by JLah
    March 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

It was everywhere from 11pm to 9 am today.

• blurp
    by blurp
    March 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I live outside Philadelphia and yesterday at the produce store, a guy's FS card was denied. This was around 2:30 in the afternoon.

thank you .

I am sure that their were millions, not just thousands.

• jllcali
    by jllcali
    March 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    And?
  • survivorinohio
    March 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

So what do you think was the cause?

• Paigesmommy78
    March 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    Idk they worked fine at the store where I work yesterday afternoon I'm in Delaware
  • Woodbabe
    March 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I googled and didn't find anything....

• blurp
    by blurp
    March 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This isn't on any google that I looked up when checking this morning.

It's not the stores themselves, it's the system of food stamps itself.

This was major!   It wasn't just 1 store locally or just Pa,. state, it was said by the mgr that it was world wide within the food stamps system.  I am not seeing anything here on  cafemom other than these few replys, I'm wondering if it's just the system itself so Holiday money leeches into circulation primarily rather than see the economy fall.

I saw it last year, I'm not making this up.

It seems that the more the system is melding f.s. than the more the stable businesses are doing to get cash from cash payers, and perhaps the meltdown is rooted within those who cannot afford their own homes, and If I were to own a home with the down payments and interest rates, I'm sure we'd have to lose major conveniences.

The stores said they're up today,  Price Chopper, walmart.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I googled and didn't find anything....