Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
LoveMyBoyK
limo trip to Israel?
March 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I read a story earlier about Obama's limo breaking down in Israel due to the wrong fuel. The Article said the limo was brought From Washington?? WTH??? Whether or not this is long standing practice, I do not know. But it is ridiculous!!!

Replies

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    March 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    Doubt the Secret Service will entrust the transportation of the President to anyone but them. I agree, for every President.
  • Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    March 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yeah, that is standard procedure. 

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    It should not be standard practice, it is a waste of money. You can not tell me Israel does not have armored limos that meet with SS approval. Just more unnecessary government waste.
  • Woodbabe
    March 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM

So...they can afford to ship all those cars and his security detail but no one is smart enough to throw in a few gallons of gas on the plane? 

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    March 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It should not be standard practice, it is a waste of money. You can not tell me Israel does not have armored limos that meet with SS approval. Just more unnecessary government waste.

It would cost extra to have those limos checked out and outfitted to SS approval and then remove all of the crap the SS put in. 

Cheaper to bring the cars.

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    I highly doubt it but if you can find a source that shows checking out an existing armored limo is cheaper than flying a limo across the ocean, I am open to considering it.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It would cost extra to have those limos checked out and outfitted to SS approval and then remove all of the crap the SS put in. 

• toomanypoodles
    March 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

A mix-up in gas?  That should have been checked out ahead of time, but I think the President deserves the best protection, and their own vehicles are retrofitted and armoured to do that, while renting one wherever they go would not sufficiently protect him. 

I can see why they'd need to do that.   

Costly yes, but everything about the office of the President is costly. 

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    March 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    As the Secret Service does not list specifications for any vehicles that transport the President, any comparisons will be at best guesstimations. I think it is safe to say the security modifications will be massive, highly technical, and extremely extensive. Temporarily modifying a borrowed vehicle is sure to be very time and labor intensive, if the appropriate parts and technology were even available. Then tthere is always the possibility that the Secret Service could run into potential security breaches from any non-American assisting with those vehicle modifications. Faster / cheaper / easier to take the secure transportation with them Han try to modify different cars at each stop.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I highly doubt it but if you can find a source that shows checking out an existing armored limo is cheaper than flying a limo across the ocean, I am open to considering it.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    I see no reason he heeds anything but armored/bulletproof metal and glass for a drive. We waste way too much money one having a Pres constantly in a mobile office. I do not think it is necessary. The article said another limo was brought in from Jordan to replace "The Beast" and my guess is it worked just fine to get him from point A to point B.

Quoting LauraKW:

As the Secret Service does not list specifications for any vehicles that transport the President, any comparisons will be at best guesstimations. I think it is safe to say the security modifications will be massive, highly technical, and extremely extensive. Temporarily modifying a borrowed vehicle is sure to be very time and labor intensive, if the appropriate parts and technology were even available. Then tthere is always the possibility that the Secret Service could run into potential security breaches from any non-American assisting with those vehicle modifications. Faster / cheaper / easier to take the secure transportation with them Han try to modify different cars at each stop.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    I think it is wasteful.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

A mix-up in gas?  That should have been checked out ahead of time, but I think the President deserves the best protection, and their own vehicles are retrofitted and armoured to do that, while renting one wherever they go would not sufficiently protect him. 

I can see why they'd need to do that.   

Costly yes, but everything about the office of the President is costly. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN