lazycervix
Pro-Lifer's Can you answer this?
March 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

lets just say there are about 500,000 abortions a year about half of those are aferican american, disabled, addicted to drugs, etc. children like that rarely get adopted if you don't believe me go look at the kids currently in foster care that are able to be adopted http://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children/search

so that is 250000 kids extra a year into the foster care system how do we afford to take care of these children when states can not even take care of the ones they have now. Recently the  Hitting the MARC: Establishing Foster Care Minimum Adequate Rates for Children revealed that 49 states were falling short of adequate reimbursement rates for foster families at the time of the study — and that states across the nation would need to raise the rates by which they reimburse foster parents by an average of 36 percent to cover the actual costs of supporting a child in foster care. 

So someone explain to me how getting rid of abortion would be fiscaly responsible since most of the pro-lifers are the republicans who are all about fiscal conservitisim.

To fact check me look here http://www.childrensrights.org/policy-projects/foster-care/hitting-the-marc-foster-care-reimbursement-rates/foster-care-rates-by-state/

Replies

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    March 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I love your gumption!

• EireLass
    March 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Didn't you know all the Pro-lifers in CafeMom are foster parents and adoption parents?

• lazycervix
    March 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

love the sarcasam! I wish that were true so that the children already in foster care group homes could have an actuall home with parents and love. My wonderful cousin has adopted 4 children total from foster. 3 of them are a sibling set she just adopted in december, but she is prochoice.

Quoting EireLass:

Didn't you know all the Pro-lifers in CafeMom are foster parents and adoption parents?

• jwaren
    by jwaren
    March 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Just curious as to where you get your #s on half of all abortions being classified as "unwanted" if they were born.  Not arguing, just curious.   But I have a hard time believing that 1/2 of all abortions would fall into that category

• purplerobin
    March 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    People who don't want to be parents or who can't be need to figure that out BEFORE the child is born or within a month afterwards. If a kid gets taken sequel and placed in foster care after that,they should go after the bioparent for the funds. Short of funds? Oh well, either figure it out or do jail time.
  • brookiecookie87
    March 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM

This reminds me how Pro-Life moms constantly fight abortions, and then scrutinize teens moms for having a kid so young, and single mothers for not waiting till marriage.

Then a lot of them get upset that these young teen moms and single mothers need help with feeding the kids and get upset with Politicians who want to help make sure these kids have food to eat :/

• lazycervix
    March 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM

so you are going to force a women to have a baby she doesn't want then throw her in jail if she can't support it wow that is harsh.

Quoting purplerobin:

People who don't want to be parents or who can't be need to figure that out BEFORE the child is born or within a month afterwards. If a kid gets taken sequel and placed in foster care after that,they should go after the bioparent for the funds. Short of funds? Oh well, either figure it out or do jail time.

• lazycervix
    March 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I am estimating based on the race of people getting abortions, the medical reasons women get abortions, the fact that when a women doesn't want to be pregnant she may continue to drink and do drugs just like she was before, and so on

Quoting jwaren:

Just curious as to where you get your #s on half of all abortions being classified as "unwanted" if they were born.  Not arguing, just curious.   But I have a hard time believing that 1/2 of all abortions would fall into that category

• ashleyrenee24
    March 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    Ugh, don't get me started on the foster care system.
  • purplerobin
    March 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting lazycervix:

so you are going to force a women to have a baby she doesn't want then throw her in jail if she can't support it wow that is harsh.

Quoting purplerobin:

Read the reply more carefully. I said she should have to pay IF she doesn't put the child up for adoption within a mon after he/ she is born. Harsh? Maybe but women ( and biodads ) should figure out whether they can be or want to be parents from the get-go. You'd probably see a LOT less kids in foster care.