Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Bookwormy
Father's Letter to Gay Son Goes Viral
March 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
OK, this literally made me tear up; yes, I got feklempt. If you go to the link, you can see the handwritten letter:

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/father-s-letter-gay-son-goes-viral-5370888

A father's touching letter accepting his homosexual son has gone viral.

Nate's coming out conversation was preempted by his father, who wrote a note explaining that he had known his son was gay for years.

"I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me.

"The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now. I've known you were gay since you were six, I've loved you since you were born."

The letter ends: "P.S Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple."

The letter appeared on the Facebook page of an anti-homophobia organisation, FCKH8.com, on Friday and has been liked by over 78,000 people and shared more than 42,000 times.

People posted comments about the letter, saying it "brought tears to my eyes" and "if only all parents were so loving".

FCKH8.com founder Luke Montgomery told Yahoo that the letter was emailed to them by Nate, and that it had brought tears to his eyes.

The letter has been picked up by organisations around the world including the UK's Telegraph,  Huffington Post and Daily Mail.

It comes after The Definition of Marriage Amendment Bill that would legalise same sex marriage secured two thirds of MP votes in Parliament this week.

Replies

• brookiecookie87
    March 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    March 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I saw this on Facebook and shared it on my page.......I thought it was very touching and beautiful.

• nicolemead91
    March 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    Aww! This is truly amazing! Makes me wanna come out & I'm not even gay! Lol jkjk but this realllly is soo sweet! :)
  • eema.gray
    March 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM

There's an internet rumor that it's fake.  I hope not.  It's beautiful and understanding.

• parentalrights1
    March 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    That's a nice change from all the nasty men who disown their sons for not being manly enough.

I had a gay coworker back when I was younger working at a fast food restaurant.

He has that feminine cove alot of gay men have. He was approached at the counter by douchebag McGee in his all camo attire, accompanied by his two boys and they were telling their dad they wanted chicken.

Well my coworker sweet as can be, greeted them and asked if he could help. The dad looked down from the menu and into coworkers face, then gathered up his boys and said they were leaving while the poor kids whined about how they wanted chicken. "I said we are leaving!" He said.

I'm sure he filled his kids heads with all kinds of hateful bullcrap when they got to their car.

Bigots shouldn't get to raise more bigots
  • MsDenuninani
    March 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It's really sweet, and I hope this is becoming the norm. 

• pamelax3
    March 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

that is wonderful now if more parents would take a stance like this

• ..MoonShine..
    March 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

That made me think of that dad from American Beauty...

Quoting parentalrights1:

That's a nice change from all the nasty men who disown their sons for not being manly enough.

He has that feminine cove alot of gay men have. He was approached at the counter by douchebag McGee in his all camo attire, accompanied by his two boys and they were telling their dad they wanted chicken.

Well my coworker sweet as can be, greeted them and asked if he could help. The dad looked down from the menu and into coworkers face, then gathered up his boys and said they were leaving while the poor kids whined about how they wanted chicken. "I said we are leaving!" He said.

I'm sure he filled his kids heads with all kinds of hateful bullcrap when they got to their car.

• parentalrights1
    March 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    Don't think I've seen that one

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting parentalrights1:

• ..MoonShine..
    March 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Oooooh. LOL One of the characters is EXACTLY as you described this man. He ends up trying to kiss another of the male characters. 

Quoting parentalrights1:

Don't think I've seen that one

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting parentalrights1:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN