loverbug75
Explain why the Pope is closer to God then you think I can be?
March 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Worshiping a man, albeit the pope, seems in conflict with the teachings of Moses. That shall not worship false idols.

In Jesus's own words did he not say. I am the way and the light?

Isn't it contradictory to worship the teachings of Christ while giving a earthy man so much credit?

Replies

• Bella_Madre
    March 20, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    He is not. He just has a fancy title.
  • SAMI_JO
    by SAMI_JO
    March 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM

But he is not put into situations of temptation. Where we fail God everyday in some way. The Pope concentrates on God all day. Like we should, and I know I don't even come near being worthy of God's love and forgiveness.

• loverbug75
    March 20, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    Watching the whole ceremony seemed so silly.
  • loverbug75
    March 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    How do you know his temptations??? The could be pride or greed. Both very attainable goals of one in such power!
  • loverbug75
    March 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    My
    Last comment was for you:)

Quoting SAMI_JO:

But he is not put into situations of temptation. Where we fail God everyday in some way. The Pope concentrates on God all day. Like we should, and I know I don't even come near being worthy of God's love and forgiveness.

• romalove
    March 20, 2013 at 5:46 AM

First, the Pope is not "worshipped", he is respected as head of the Church for those who are Catholic.

Second, that's what Catholics believe, that the Pope is God's emissary on Earth.

No one makes anyone other than a Catholic believe any of that.

You are free to think you are as close to God or closer than anyone or anything else.

Just as I'm free to think that there isn't any God.

Ahhh religion, you picks your flavors and you builds your own ice cream cone...

• toomanypoodles
    March 20, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Yup.  This is why I am not a Catholic.  I have a direct link to God, using the Name of Jesus...I don't need to be absolved of my sins by anyone but Christ. 

• Yurixsi
    by Yurixsi
    March 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    I agree op...
  • romalove
    March 20, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Yup.  This is why I am not a Catholic.  I have a direct link to God, using the Name of Jesus...I don't need to be absolved of my sins by anyone but Christ. 

What makes you think Catholics don't have a direct link to God?  What makes you think Christ isn't who is absolving their sins?

You are mistaking having a conduit for the conduit being the absolver.

You may "prefer" it your way but that doesn't mean your way is "the" way.

• SAMI_JO
    by SAMI_JO
    March 20, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Bet if you were in a horrible situation the first one you would call on is God. My God is an awsome God.

btw, I am not Catholic, I am Baptist and proud of it!