Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
pixie92
What can you tell me about pennsylvania
by pixie92
March 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
ok my kids and i are trying to make a new start for ourselves because of my divorce and what my ex is putting the kids through. So we were looking at pennsylvania. Does anyone know anything about the state besides the hershey factory?

Replies

• SRUsarahSC
    March 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Pittsburgh is gorgeous. It snows a lot. Philly has a horrid crime rate.  

• terpmama
    March 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I'm from a small town on the eastern side. I will tell you that it is different depending on what part you're in (western, middle or eastern) as well as country vs city. What kind of place do you like? 

• pixie92
    by pixie92
    March 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    We were looking around pittsburgh. What do you mean it snows alot? where we live now it snows for about 6 to 8 months and we get a lot. Is there lakes and woods around?

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Pittsburgh is gorgeous. It snows a lot. Philly has a horrid crime rate.  

• pixie92
    by pixie92
    March 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    We like the country but we want to be close to the city since my daughter will be in college and the rest of us need jobs. I also like the country or smaller towns cause i have my six month old grandson and i like the niceness of small towns when it comes to raising kids.

Quoting terpmama:

I'm from a small town on the eastern side. I will tell you that it is different depending on what part you're in (western, middle or eastern) as well as country vs city. What kind of place do you like? 

• RainyDayLazy
    March 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    I live in Central Pa, close to where they have the Little League World Series. It's right off the Susquehanna River. I moved here from the Philly area. It was a big culture shock going from city to rural life. Lol

I agree that there's not as many job opportunities but it is a lovely area to raise children.
  • pixie92
    by pixie92
    March 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    i dont think can shock us like moving here did and we only did it for my soon to be ex. Tell me whats the weather like? is there tornadoes or anything like that? how pretty is the state? what types of things are there to do? sorry besides the baby im becoming single and my kids are now adults so we are hoping there are fun things to do for all of us.

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

I live in Central Pa, close to where they have the Little League World Series. It's right off the Susquehanna River. I moved here from the Philly area. It was a big culture shock going from city to rural life. Lol

I agree that there's not as many job opportunities but it is a lovely area to raise children.

• coolmommy2x
    March 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    I live just north of Philadelphia and love it. I've lived here my whole life. Philadelphia has a ton of activities (zoo, museums, sports teams, restaurants). We're also close to NJ which has some great beaches. It's easy to get to DE, MD and NYC from here. The leaves are gorgeous in the fall. Some winters are cold and we can get a lot snow but this had been a mild one.
  • RainyDayLazy
    March 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Pennsylvania has all seasons, so it's pretty cold in the winter and can get hot during summertime. Spring/Fall are my favorite times of year.

We do get some low category tornados in my area. Not sure about other places. We're likely to be affected by Nor'easters even though we're inland.

Where I live, its a small college town. There are mountains and rivers and its really very pretty, especially in Fall when the leaves change colors.. Theres lots of things to do outdoors. Camping, hiking, boating, skiing. To be honest though, I'm pretty much a homebody so I'm no use when it comes to advice on adult things to do. lol

Quoting pixie92:

i dont think can shock us like moving here did and we only did it for my soon to be ex. Tell me whats the weather like? is there tornadoes or anything like that? how pretty is the state? what types of things are there to do? sorry besides the baby im becoming single and my kids are now adults so we are hoping there are fun things to do for all of us.

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

• Euphoric
    March 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM

bump

• Grainia
    by Grainia
    March 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

My boss lives in Philly so I am down there from NYC on a regular basis. I have no desire to move there but I do like it. There is good shopping, culture, parks, etc. The things I hate most are the sports teams. GO BIG BLUE!

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN