Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
sweet-a-kins
Adam Bass Dead: 10-Month-Old Shot And Killed By His Father Larry Bass, Police Say
March 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Adam Bass Dead: 10-Month-Old Shot And Killed By His Father Larry Bass, Police Say

Adam Bass Dead

A 10-month-old baby was shot and killed by his father inside a Tennessee hotel room on Thursday, NewsChannel5 reported.

According to The Tennessean, police officers received the call about 6:42 p.m.,and arrived at the Extended Stay America motel in Donelson three minutes later.

Once on scene, officers found the victim, Adam Bass, with a gunshot wound to his chest. Despite attempts to revive the baby, he was pronounced dead at the scene, Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said.

Police said the preliminary investigation showed that Adam's father, Larry Bass, 30, was handling his semi-automatic pistol inside the motel room when the gun unintentionally discharged.

Bass' wife, Jacquelin Bass, 28, and two other sons, ages 2 and 3, were also in the room during the incident, but no one else was injured.

At the time of the shooting, the family was living at the motel so Bass could work at the Nashville Music City Center, WKRN-TV reported. The family was originally from Texas.

Police are still processing the scene. So far, no charges have been filed.

"The parents are very, very distraught over what's happened, and the police department does not believe this was an intentional act," Aaron said.

Replies

• Lunarprancer
    March 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Better take everyone's guns.

• mikiemom
    March 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM

gotta love thos responsible gun owners - oh wait.

• brookiecookie87
    March 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Poor baby.

• sweet-a-kins
    March 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM

This was your first thought when reading this horrific story?

I feel sad for you and your loved ones

Quoting Lunarprancer:

• brookiecookie87
    March 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM

No one suggest that. But if that happened I know of one baby that would be alive right now. Adam Bass.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

• turtle68
    March 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

oh geez....honestly is this a daily occurance?

Does the family have gang affilliations?  I mean do they know someone who knew someone who was married to someones neighbours daughter who happened to live next door to a gang member?

Was this staged to cover that affilliation up?

a baby is dead....that never needed to die.  This is just woefully sad.  What is worse is that these parents dont seem to be charged with negligence....why?

• Lunarprancer
    March 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

It was my first thought after having seen the poster.  Of course it is tragic.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

This was your first thought when reading this horrific story?

I feel sad for you and your loved ones

Quoting Lunarprancer:

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    March 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Oh dear God.

• soonergirl980
    March 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

A very sad situation. Although again guns don't just "go off" so I'm curious what he did to cause the gun to go off.

• Proud2BWeird
    March 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Or the parents could have been killed by a criminal with a gun before they had children. You never know. Because, you do realize, taking away "everyone's guns" would actually only take them from law-abiding citizens.

Adam would be alive today if his father had made sure the gun wasn't loaded before he started "handling" (probably a euphemism for playing with it) it around his kids. He was not being a responsible gun owner.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

No one suggest that. But if that happened I know of one baby that would be alive right now. Adam Bass.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN