Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Woodbabe
Brown University to teach male students how to attain ‘prostate pleasure’
March 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I took an entire semester of Sexual Psych and we NEVER got anything like this! THIS is what all of those student fees pay for? Thoughts?

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4668

Brown University is set to hold an event on Thursday aimed at teaching its male students how to find sexual pleasure from their prostates.

Brown University is set to hold an event aimed at showing male students how to attain sexual pleasure from their prostates.

The workshop, entitled “The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure,” will be conducted by sexologist Charlie Glickman and promises to show attendees “how much fun prostate stimulation can be.”

The official event description asks students: “Are you curious about prostate play?”

Glickman will “talk about the common concerns that sometimes keep people from exploring it (and how to overcome them), tips for easy and pleasurable anal penetration, prostate massage, which toys work best for prostate fun, pegging, combining prostate pleasure with other kinds of sex, and much more,” it continues.

Following the presentation the school will host a night of “sex and chocolate in the dark” where students are advised to “bring blankets, pillows, friends, and questions for a night of cozy conversation in a dark, anonymyzing [sic] space.”

The events are part of Brown University’s annual sex week, paid for by the student activities office.

The week of activities are set to conclude with a “Lace and Leather Burlsesque Show.”

A university spokesperson did not respond to requests for comment from Campus Reform or disclose how much funding had been deployed to fund the program.

On Monday, Brown also hosted a “Fornication 101” seminar as part of their sex week, which included topics such as “putting condoms on with your mouth,” “petting kitties,” and “anal adventures.”

Replies

• SuperChicken
    March 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I'm just going to leave before I channel my inner teen boy and  spout off about "Brown" and "prostate pleasure" start giggling and make everyone lose what little respect they might have had for me.

• Woodbabe
    March 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Is this a dinner and a show kinda thing?

Following the presentation the school will host a night of “sex and chocolate in the dark” 

I think I'd skip the dessert....

• TranquilMind
    March 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Oh for goodness sakes.  The Ivies are going crazy.

I'm kind of hoping my daughter doesn't want to attend one. She's got the stats.  I just don't want her to get the crazy. 

"Annual sex week".  Yeah...THAT's what we need on campus! 

So SHOCKED the University doesn't want to comment on this and defend it.  Because it is an indefensible use of resources. 

Gag

• ..MoonShine..
    March 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    I learner about this in my Human Sexuality class. Well, not HOW to achieve it in specific, but. How it's achieved. Does that make sense? LOL
  • GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    March 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Well.. They say that sexual release helps reduce stress and improves health so maybe it will help them be able to focus on other things if they are able to TCB on their own. Especially for those who aren't so lucky with the ladies. 

• Shoota
    by Shoota
    March 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Hmmm...did some research into this and it is put on by sexual health education and empowerment council. Otherwise known as SHEEC. It is a student run council on browns campus. So, i guess if this is what the students want, then they should have the right to do it. Its not like its mandatory or anything.

I personally see nothing wrong with opening yourself up to new sexual experiences, and it sounds like they are learning how to that safely and creatively.

• Woodbabe
    March 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Quoting Shoota:

Hmmm...did some research into this and it is put on by sexual health education and empowerment council. Otherwise known as SHEEC. It is a student run council on browns campus. So, i guess if this is what the students want, then they should have the right to do it. Its not like its mandatory or anything.

I personally see nothing wrong with opening yourself up to new sexual experiences, and it sounds like they are learning how to that safely and creatively.

Oh yeah...its legit! Here's the week of educational activities they have lined up:

Saturday, March 9th Pre-Sex Week Kick-off!

Sex Trivia, SHAG & SFC

6pm @ Petterutii Lounge

What’s the most common fetish?
    What does “g-string” stand for?
    What was the first condom made of?
    What other animals engage in oral sex?

To find out, join the Sexual Health Awareness Group (SHAG) and Students for Choice (SFC) in Sex Trivia Night to kick off Sex Week!

Sign up your teams of up to 5 people now by emailing shag@brown.edu with your team roster. *PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP* so that we have an idea of how much food to get! There will be pizza, desserts, prizes and, of course, plenty of fun sex trivia, with categories ranging from ‘History of Sex’ to ‘Philias, Phobias, and “Phetishes”‘.

Monday, March 11th

Tabling

Join SHEEC and SHAG on the main green for a surprise gift bag of sexy treats!

“Fornication 101″, Megan Andelloux

7pm @ Metcalf AUD

Megan Andelloux is a certified sexologist and sexuality educator, and the director of the Center for Sexual Health and Pleasure in Pawtucket, RI. Her presentation, Fornication 101, will introduce students to carnal knowledge, comfort in awkward situations and hot safer sex behaviors. Topics include, but are certainly not limited to: ejaculation, petting kitties, putting condoms on with your mouth, anal adventures, G-spot stimulation, and sexual positions. You will not want to miss this!

Topics and exposure include: Ejaculation, petting kitties, putting condoms on with your mouth, anal adventures, g-spot stimulation, and sexual positions.

FB EVENT: Fornication 101

Tuesday, March 12th

“Communication and Consent”, FemSex

5pm @ Wilson 101

FemSex facilitators, Lindsay Sovern ’14 and Anna Quinn ’13, will be leading a workshop on personal definitions of consent, active and passive desires, and brainstorming communication tools. If you have ever been curious about FemSex and want to see what a discussion would be like, you definitely want to check this out!

FB EVENT: Communication and Consent

“Dirty Talk”, Ben Privot

8pm  @ MacMillan 115

Come immerse yourself in a sex-positive environment and learn why consensual hooking up is hotter hooking up. Learn ways to build consent with your partners and hookups, and how to best express yourself to discover common ground with those your into. Oh, and did we mention free sex toys?

FB EVENT: Dirty Talk

Wednesday, March 13th

“Queering the Toybox”,  Aida Manduley

7pm @ Metcalf Aud

Aida Manduley ’11 is the Sexual Health Advocate at Sojourner House and the Programming and Development Coordinator at the Center for Sexual Health and Pleasure. She will be returning to her alma mater with an interactive workshop on sex toys.

Going beyond a Sex Toys 101 while still remaining accessible to those who’ve never stepped foot inside a sex-shop, this interactive workshop will introduce you to new technologies in the world of sex toys. Curious about eco-friendly items, or products that remember your preferences through integrated microchips? Perhaps you’ve heard about teledildonics, toys designed specifically for queer people, or insertables made out of moonstone… With a focus “queering” as a technological, political, and personal move, we’ll talk about how to engage our sexualities and identities in the pursuit of pleasure objects that are held to higher standards and turn normative spaces on their head.

FB EVENT: Queering the Toybox

“selfservice.brown.edu”SHAG

9pm @ Smith Buannano 101

Thursday, March 14th

“The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure”, Charlie Glickman

4pm @ Wilson 105

Are you curious about prostate play? Or maybe you’ve tried you’ve tried it and want some tips to make it even more fun? Charlie Glickman PhD, author of  The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure: Erotic Exploration for Men and their Partners, will give you all the info you need to see for yourself why more men and their partners are discovering how much fun prostate stimulation can be. He’ll talk about the common concerns that sometimes keep people from exploring it (and how to overcome them), tips for easy and pleasureable anal penetration, prostate massage, which toys work best for prostate fun, pegging, combining prostate pleasure with other kinds of sex, and much more. Whether you’re just starting out or you already enjoy prostate play, come learn some new ways to make sex lots of fun! For more info about Charlie, please visit his website, on Facebook , or on Twitter.

FB EVENT: Prostate Play

“Sex, Shame and Love”Charlie Glickman

7pm @ List 120

Shame influences and shapes sexuality for almost everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, and individual desires. If we want to overcome and move past sexual shame, we need to understand how it works and how it affects us. Charlie Glickman PhD has been studying and exploring sexual shame for over a decade and he’ll unpack how it works. Developing shame resilience makes it easier to deal with this difficult but inevitable emotion, along with jealousy, loss, and fear. It also helps us create more space to give and receive love, explore our authentic selves, and build the relationships that suit us. Through both presentation and facilitated discussion, you’ll find new ways to keep shame from getting in the way and create the relationships that work for you! For more info about Charlie, please visit his website, on Facebook , or on Twitter.

FB EVENT: Sex and Shame

“Sex and Chocolate in the Dark”SFC

9pm @ Hillel Meeting Room

Celebrate Sex Week with an open discussion about all things sex in a safe, comfortable environment. Bring blankets, pillows, friends, and questions for a night of cozy conversation in a dark, anonymyzing space. The evening with be moderated by a panel of knowledgeable sexperts from the Brown Community. Come prepared to just listen, ask questions, or share your own advice and stories. Oh yeah, and be prepared to eat tons of nature’s greatest aphrodisiac: chocolate. Organized by Students for Choice and SHEEC for Sex Week 2013!

Friday, March 14th

The Guilty Feminist, Kaytee Stewart

1pm @ Faunce Memorial Room

Come have lunch and chat with Kaytee Stewart, who will be facilitating a conversation with students around the idea of “feminist guilt”.

Kaytee Stewart is heavily involved in queer and feminist activism.  Her research focus has been on expanding the meaning and application of feminism in policy (particularly around transgender and genderqueer, gender-variant inclusivity and fluidity through disrupting binaried understanding of gender as the predicate for rights and protections) but beyond her academic focus, she has become increasingly interested in how we define, police and judge what can count as feminism and who can embody, live out and identify with feminist ideology. She aims to explore and understand the concept of feminist guilt, as we navigate a world with complex expectations for us as gendered people and feminists.

Saturday, March 16th

“Orgasm Inc.” Film Screening, SHEEC

6pm @ Zete Lounge

Sunday, March 17th

“Sex Week Finale: Lace and Leather Burlesque Show”, SHEEC

6pm @ List Art 110 and 120

• TruthSeeker.
    March 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I jokingly asked my husband if he wanted me to buy him a butt plug and help him find his G spot. He kindly asked me for a divorce. LOL

• Woodbabe
    March 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I jokingly asked my husband if he wanted me to buy him a butt plug and help him find his G spot. He kindly asked me for a divorce. LOL

That's pretty much the reaction I'd expect to get too!

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts