Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
witch_e_woman
Prepping for NYC's Ban on Large Sugary Drinks
March 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM

http://cnnradio.cnn.com/2013/03/08/prepping-for-nycs-ban-on-large-sugary-drinks/?hpt=us_t4

What do you think about this Ban on Lrg Sugary drinks ?

Should ALL states do this ?

Replies

• colins_mom
    March 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    no. I dont think any state should do it. why not just ban fast food, little debbie, etc as all of those things help make people fat. but no we are told to just not eat it. all this will do is cause people to buy more of a smaller size. I see it all the time at my work.
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM

If a person who NEEDS a huge sugary drink wants to guzzle 24 ounces, whatever, they will just buy TWO or THREE of them so it isn't going to work.

There is no way we can help those who will not help themselves. If they want to gain weight , risk diabetes ,heart disease and losing teeth due to decay and vitamin deficiencies, from choosing to fill themselves with sugar, let 'em.

• Luv.My.Kidz
    March 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I don't think there should be a ban on sugary drinks unless it's a certain TYPE of sugar. Aspertame and anything that isn't natural should be banned. 

• mom2the.rescue
    March 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM

No, it's stupid. If people want a lot of pop, they'll just buy more.  My family & I don't get fast food often at all...but when we do, we get 2 large pops & we all share it...it's a nice treat & a splurge.  That would suck to have to buy another just b/c they don't do large anymore.

• LIMom1105
    March 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    No. I don't agree with this one at all. Why not ban food coloring first? Probably it's in too many foods. If people want it, they'll still get it.
  • talia-mom
    March 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM

No, all states shouldn't do it.   It's stupid

• purpleducky
    March 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    It's stupid because it only applies to regular sodas. Diet sodas are exempt. Plus the government should not be regulating stuff like this.
  • MeAndTommyLee
    March 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM

This is not about peoples `health'.  This is about those same individuals needing to purchase more than one drink at a time.  What does that mean NYC?  More tax dollars.  Yes, those few cents turn into mega profit for the city. 

• Koltie6
    by Koltie6
    March 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    I agree and how much sense does it make? I can buy cigarettes and beer but no no not the large soda. No one has any common sense anymore.

Quoting purpleducky:

It's stupid because it only applies to regular sodas. Diet sodas are exempt. Plus the government should not be regulating stuff like this.

• Firenygirl180
    March 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

So people can still buy the larger quantities at supermarkets and drink more at home. 

What about restaurants that offer free refills.  I get a smaller glass to start with but then I have 5 refills, which is way more than I would have had if I had a larger glass and 1 refill.  

When I go to fast food places I usually get a Sprite to start with and then before we leave I refill my cup with ice water to take with me.  I like the large cups because they are usually plastic so they hold up better and last a little longer than the paper ones. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN