Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
Because repealing Obama care is the best solution to our debt
March 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Ryan: New House Republican budget includes ObamaCare repeal

• Ryan_budget.jpg

FILE: April 5, 2011: House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., touts his 2012 federal budget on Capitol Hill in Washington. (AP)

Republicans continue to disappoint by apparently coming up with a budget plan that doesn't involve actual cuts but will somehow magically balance the budget in a decade. This proposed package is the worst of both worlds...the inconvenience of 'pseudo' cuts to government spending with a promised pay off ten years away that nobody seriously believes is going to happen.

I guess I see why voters fo
    und Obama to be a better choice than Romney or McCain. His fiscal policies  are no less serious than anything the GOP has come up with. If you're going to buy into a lie, guess it's more reassuring to buy into a really big one. Especially if that lie promises you won't have to give anything up to fix your problems. Bravo! {eye roll}

Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee, said Sunday that his new budget includes the repeal of President Obama’s health-care reform law known as ObamaCare.

Ryan told “Fox News Sunday” that the new proposal will make enough cuts to balance the federal budget in 10 years, compared to his previous one that tried to achieve that goal in 25 years.

“We think we owe the American people a balanced budget,” the Republican congressman said.

Ryan said the focus of the ObamaCare repeal would be to stop the expansion of Medicaid, the federal program that provides medical services to low-income U.S. families.

“Our budget does promote repealing ObamaCare,” said Ryan, who was not clear whether his 2014 budget is based on a full repeal.

Ryan, the Republican 2012 vice presidential nominee, said he wants states to run Medicaid through federal block grants.

Ryan said his proposal attempts to reach a balanced budget, in part, by slowing the rate of federal spending from 4.9 percent to 3.4 percent. Other parts include consolidating federal job-training programs and reforming the federal Food Stamp program to ensure only qualified applicants receive the benefits.

“I’ve very confident this is the way to go,” said Ryan, whose budget would have a better chance of passing the Republican-controlled House than the Democrat-controlled Senate.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/10/ryan-new-house-republican-budget-includes-obamacare-repeal/#ixzz2NA2SqiBl

Replies

• stormcris
    March 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Really? Get a grip and stop with the propoganda. That bill gave the insurance industry and government money. Ya'll have no intentions of doing away with it. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yikes. Could he BE any more dumb?

banging head into wall

• lizzielouaf
    March 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

There is something about Paul Ryan that really creeps me out, I don't know what it is. Seriously. I have never been able to trust men that have no lips...it's so weird.

• Lorriane
    March 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I balanced budget does not take ten years to acheive but then it does if you believe in the way of the Republicans.

• greenie63
    March 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM

It's so hard to take him seriously. 

• lizzielouaf
    March 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I'm telling ya....there's something super creepy about him. Several years down the road we're gonna hear he has his grandmother's corpse in the basement and that his grandmother has been giving him instructions on metal detection for gold teeth fillings.

Quoting greenie63:

• greenie63
    March 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM

LMAO, maybe he idolizes Norman Bates. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I'm telling ya....there's something super creepy about him. Several years down the road we're gonna hear he has his grandmother's corpse in the basement and that his grandmother has been giving him instructions on metal detection for gold teeth fillings.

Quoting greenie63:

• Jack_Squat
    March 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    I didn't read the article, but Mr. Ryan is one pretty man *drools*
  • Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    March 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Jack_Squat:

I didn't read the article, but Mr. Ryan is one pretty man *drools*

:points and laughs:

ew

laughing