carlyshort
army and marines suspend tuition assistance programs; air force and navy likely to follow
March 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
The army and marines have suspended their ta programs effective Friday evening. The air force and navy will likely follow suit this week.
The DoD put pressure on all branches of service to trim the fat, one program encouraged to be cut was ta programs for service members.

Gi bills can still be used, however.

Replies

• carlyshort
    March 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Tricare, the healthcare service provider for vets, and military and their families was not protected and also could be facing cuts in the coming weeks
  • lovinmykiddo07
    March 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

-_- 

• carlyshort
    March 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    This didn't display right on my kindle. What is this?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

-_- 

• stormcris
    March 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

The books as they stand are broke and these branches are seeing huge cuts. They are not going to take the cuts directly but pass it along to their programs.

• lovinmykiddo07
    March 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM

lol Its just an unamused face. 

Quoting carlyshort:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

-_- 

• carlyshort
    March 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    Agreed. It's sad that the the programs being cut are heavily used by the service members and their families. Any ta approved before March 9 will be honored but in the army and marines no future ta assistance will be paid out until further notice..

I Work in the med group on a military base. When we heard about tricare not being protected we got worried. Hopefully affects to tricare will be minimal

Quoting stormcris:

The books as they stand are broke and these branches are seeing huge cuts. They are not going to take the cuts directly but pass it along to their programs.

• carlyshort
    March 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Whoops. I knew that. Lol sorry. For some reason I thought my screen was being dumb.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

lol Its just an unamused face. 

Quoting carlyshort:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

-_- 

• Binkys_Buttons
    March 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    They should start with the accounts payable dept. I work for a large medical supply company in the dept that posts the monies that come with eob. I hate tricare/west. Least helpful people ever.

Quoting carlyshort:

Tricare, the healthcare service provider for vets, and military and their families was not protected and also could be facing cuts in the coming weeks
  • LAHnTAH0812
    March 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    sad that cuts go to military but not politicians
  • carlyshort
    March 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    From what we were told it would be directly affecting the military and retired military and their families.

-higher out of pocket costs
    - frozen or cancelled referrals

- longer waits for appts and doctors receiving less money for providing care

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

They should start with the accounts payable dept. I work for a large medical supply company in the dept that posts the monies that come with eob. I hate tricare/west. Least helpful people ever.

Quoting carlyshort: