Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Carpy
I prefer a high capacity magazine when hunting humans
by Carpy
March 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Seems Senator Feinstein thinks such a high capacity should be illegal when hunting humans.  Doesn't she realize that human can attack and hurt you if you don't have the firepower to take it down?

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

Replies

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

The limit is under state law, some states allow more.  But no state has a limit for human hunts because  human hunting is not legal.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

You are missing my point.

If duck hunters are limited to 3 rounds under federal and state laws, then one who purchases a gun NOT for the purpose of duck hunting- they get to have upwards of 150 rounds. Who then presumably will these gun owners use their guns on. It's not for hunting. It's to kill an {human} intruder.

So, why do ducks have more protection over humans.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Hunting ducks is legal. Hunting humans with ANY caliber weapon, ANY number of rounds, is already ILLEGAL. It is ILLEGAL to hunt humans with even a single round. It is called "murder".

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. "

What many of you ladies fail to recognize: why are we so concerned about the duck and are limited to 3 rounds. But when it comes to personal gun ownership to shoot at a human being, we have no limits. In fact, the limit is up to how much the manufacturer can make " 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines"

Why do "we" care so damn much more about a damned duck we can only shoot them 3 rounds worth. But our children sitting in a school building who REALLY ARE "sitting ducks" 150 rounds are a-okay. 

• tecsabates
    March 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    I don't why it is so hard for you to understand that not every gun owner is a mass murderer in the making, ffs. Just because someone owns a particuler kind of gun doesn't mean that they're just itching to go kill people. So stupid to say that.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tecsabates:

Hmmm, so where is this loon from that she thinks hunting humans is legal anywhere, wirh anything?

She was being sarcastic....the bottom line is that gun owners don't hesitate to shoot to kill , humans. Those who own several, military style weapons as part of their "collection" are potential human hunters. And they kill dozens at schools, theaters, etc.

I don't know why this is so hard for you guys to understand? I have lost faith in the abilities of most of you people to use critical thinking and instead you jump to conclusions.

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Gun owners DO hesitate to shoot humans.  The last thing a responsible gun owner (which is most gun owners) want to do is to have to shoot someone.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tecsabates:

Hmmm, so where is this loon from that she thinks hunting humans is legal anywhere, wirh anything?

She was being sarcastic....the bottom line is that gun owners don't hesitate to shoot to kill , humans. Those who own several, military style weapons as part of their "collection" are potential human hunters. And they kill dozens at schools, theaters, etc.

I don't know why this is so hard for you guys to understand? I have lost faith in the abilities of most of you people to use critical thinking and instead you jump to conclusions.

• Ms.KitKat
    March 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Either  you are being purposefully obtuse or your love of guns has so clouded your ability at higher levels of reasoning. Perhaps it is both.

Not to worry though- no one will be taking your guns from you. Limiting.Perhaps. But banning. No.

Quoting Carpy:

The limit is under state law, some states allow more.  But no state has a limit for human hunts because  human hunting is not legal.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

If duck hunters are limited to 3 rounds under federal and state laws, then one who purchases a gun NOT for the purpose of duck hunting- they get to have upwards of 150 rounds. Who then presumably will these gun owners use their guns on. It's not for hunting. It's to kill an {human} intruder.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Hunting ducks is legal. Hunting humans with ANY caliber weapon, ANY number of rounds, is already ILLEGAL. It is ILLEGAL to hunt humans with even a single round. It is called "murder".

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. "

What many of you ladies fail to recognize: why are we so concerned about the duck and are limited to 3 rounds. But when it comes to personal gun ownership to shoot at a human being, we have no limits. In fact, the limit is up to how much the manufacturer can make " 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines"

Why do "we" care so damn much more about a damned duck we can only shoot them 3 rounds worth. But our children sitting in a school building who REALLY ARE "sitting ducks" 150 rounds are a-okay. 

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    No, because it is absurd to suggest that self defense is hunting.

Quoting lga1965:

Ahhh,then if you agree it is illegal to hunt humans,then you can't shoot intruders with your big guns (shoot to kill) as I have been saying all along. You don't need to buy and possess military style weapons to use on humans. And I think this is what Ms Feinstein said in a round about way too. People are way too free with their 2nd amendment rights in order to justify shooting people on the basis that they "might" be a threat.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are you serious????? Humans have GREATER protection than ducks. it Is legal To hunt ducks. It is ILLEGAL to hunt humans.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Do I agree what is legal?

Re: "target shooting for fun and sport" it all depends whether or not the targets are 20 children sitting in their classroom plus 6 adults. or how many was it in the movie theater? they were sitting ducks too. or the time before that? IDK- there are just too many sitting ducks lately.

It's time humans have equality with the ducks! Humans deserve to have federal and state protections equal to the ducks.

Quoting Carpy:

Do you agree, it is legal?  Hmmm.  And guess what, high capacity is nice to have when you are target shooting for fun and sport.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

• Ms.KitKat
    March 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand that having 150 round mags because it's "nice" and "fun" is overkill( pun not intended). Further, that no one is interested in taking away your guns but rather putting into place regulations (like those for those precious ducks) so that those who should not have access to these weapons don't get them. Those who are "itching to go kill people" should not have access to 150 rounds.

Quoting tecsabates:

I don't why it is so hard for you to understand that not every gun owner is a mass murderer in the making, ffs. Just because someone owns a particuler kind of gun doesn't mean that they're just itching to go kill people. So stupid to say that.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tecsabates:

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    No, you are missing my point. There are no limits on rounds legal for hunting humans because it is NOT LEGAL to hunt humans. We do not have laws about how much money you can legally steal from a bank, either, because stealing from a bank at all is already illegal.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

• Ms.KitKat
    March 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

That is exactly the point. There needs to be a legal limit.

Not banning guns. LegallyLimiting guns.  

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

No, you are missing my point. There are no limits on rounds legal for hunting humans because it is NOT LEGAL to hunt humans. We do not have laws about how much money you can legally steal from a bank, either, because stealing from a bank at all is already illegal.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    I have two fifty round mags but it isnt because I want overkill when I am killing humans, but it is nice to have them loaded and ready when we go out target shooting.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand that having 150 round mags because it's "nice" and "fun" is overkill( pun not intended). Further, that no one is interested in taking away your guns but rather putting into place regulations (like those for those precious ducks) so that those who should not have access to these weapons don't get them. Those who are "itching to go kill people" should not have access to 150 rounds.

Quoting tecsabates:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting tecsabates:

• LoveMyBoyK
    March 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    And my point is that we do not need to limit something that is already ILLEGAL - hunting humans is ILLEGAL.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

That is exactly the point. There needs to be a legal limit.

Not banning guns. LegallyLimiting guns.  

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts