Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Carpy
I prefer a high capacity magazine when hunting humans
by Carpy
March 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Seems Senator Feinstein thinks such a high capacity should be illegal when hunting humans.  Doesn't she realize that human can attack and hurt you if you don't have the firepower to take it down?

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

Replies

• Farmlady09
    March 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM

He's a bronze breasted tom ~ his head comes up to my waist. If we ever decide that he needs to be tasty because he isn't being 'nice', I'm going to have to cook him outside in a pit oven ...

Did you catch my edit to this post btw?

Quoting Carpy:

That's a damn big bird.  Hell just roosters can be pretty tough.

Quoting Farmlady09:

I shouldn't laugh, but we have a tom that weighs close to 50 pounds ~ had to catch him and do some first aid on his leg a few days ago and d a n g ... he's lucky he's such a nice bird most of the time, because it took DH and I to hang onto him long enough to patch up the booboo. We both got whacked a few times lol, so I can completely sympathize with 'choker'. I love the heritage breeds, but geez ...

Quoting Carpy:

My son has a friend nicknamed choker because my son caught a wild turkey and threw it in the car and he was getting beaten by it so bad he choked it to death

Quoting Farmlady09:

Well, if they have opened up a season for hunting human, then I definitely agree with you ~ 3-5 rounds is just not enough!

ps, having experienced a thrashing by duck wings (while attempting to rescue one of her ducklings from the pond), I'm not sure 3-5 rounds is sufficient for them either ...

Quoting Carpy:

But the important thing is she wants to limit capacity for human hunting.  She thinks 15 rounds are to much.  I just wouldn't feel safe out there if I can only have 3 or 5 round limit when hunting humans. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Is a person's veteran status--which I respect and honor--enough to qualify him or her to have firearms, whether or not there is also a serious mental illness in play?  It is a stupidly phrased, but still valid, concern. 

I agree that it is stupid to think that the idea of PTSD was developed post the Iraq war, since people have been writing about this phenomenon for several thousand years now. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

The shocking murder of 26 children and adults in Newtown, Conn., on Friday has sparked a national discussion on gun control, with mostly Democratic legislators saying laws need to be tightened.

President Bill Clinton signed an assault weapons ban into law in 1994, but the measure expired a decade later. Democrats have tried several times since then to renew the ban, without success.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

Feinstein called for the ban to be renewed after the mass shooting in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater that killed 12 people and injured 58 others.

"Who needs these military-style assault weapons? Who needs an ammunition feeding device capable of holding 100 rounds?" Feinstein wrote on her campaign website. "These weapons are not for hunting deer -- they’re for hunting people

It is true that people who want these weapons aren't deer hunting, they are preparing to shoot intruders , burglars, with them and shoot to kill which I also see as "hunting humans". Many of you Moms at CM say that you want this type of weapon and that you will shoot to kill. That seems like "hunting humans" to me.

Make fun of her all you want but you are hypocritcal.

And Ms Feinstein's comments were twisted and reworded by the Conservative site that you copied.

• mehamil1
    March 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm confused. And scared. What's going on? Hold me. 

Quoting Carpy:

Scary, isn't it?

Quoting Sekirei:
    Quoting Carpy:

Sorry, but what a FUCKING IDIOT.

Holy mess, I am agreeing with you again!!

• LindaClement
    March 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Oh my...

• LindaClement
    March 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM

group hug

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm confused. And scared. What's going on? Hold me. 

Quoting Carpy:

Scary, isn't it?

Quoting Sekirei:
    Quoting Carpy:

Sorry, but what a FUCKING IDIOT.

Holy mess, I am agreeing with you again!!

• Goodwoman614
    March 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting lga1965:

The shocking murder of 26 children and adults in Newtown, Conn., on Friday has sparked a national discussion on gun control, with mostly Democratic legislators saying laws need to be tightened.

President Bill Clinton signed an assault weapons ban into law in 1994, but the measure expired a decade later. Democrats have tried several times since then to renew the ban, without success.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

Feinstein called for the ban to be renewed after the mass shooting in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater that killed 12 people and injured 58 others.

"Who needs these military-style assault weapons? Who needs an ammunition feeding device capable of holding 100 rounds?" Feinstein wrote on her campaign website. "These weapons are not for hunting deer -- they’re for hunting people

It is true that people who want these weapons aren't deer hunting, they are preparing to shoot intruders , burglars, with them and shoot to kill which I also see as "hunting humans". Many of you Moms at CM say that you want this type of weapon and that you will shoot to kill. That seems like "hunting humans" to me.

And Ms Feinstein's comments were twisted and reworded by the Conservative site that you copied.

DING! DING! DING!

I can't believe anybody would take this OP's word for it - a post without source citation that can be verified.

Imagine my *not* surprise that the senaor's words were twisted and spun! 

Nooooo! 

Not by the same good loving decent person who f*cking bragged at making a killing off of selling guns and ammo after the Sandy Hook school massacre of 20 children. 

• grandmab125
    March 9, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Wrong again, Iga.  When will you learn?

You can watch Feinstein in action in a c-span video clip of the Senate hearing at which the amendment was introduced on 3/7/13.  Check around 1:33, where the Senator proposes it, then Feinstein's idiotic comments are right after that.  Try googling "infowars article, Feinstein, all vets are mentally ill" or  "Feinstein rejects amendment to her gun bill".  I can't put a link, because apparently you have to subscribe to it in order to get access directly through hrl address.

Quoting lga1965:

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 9, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Yes, I did.  Gov officials are exempt.

Quoting Farmlady09:

He's a bronze breasted tom ~ his head comes up to my waist. If we ever decide that he needs to be tasty because he isn't being 'nice', I'm going to have to cook him outside in a pit oven ...

Did you catch my edit to this post btw?

Quoting Carpy:

That's a damn big bird.  Hell just roosters can be pretty tough.

Quoting Farmlady09:

I shouldn't laugh, but we have a tom that weighs close to 50 pounds ~ had to catch him and do some first aid on his leg a few days ago and d a n g ... he's lucky he's such a nice bird most of the time, because it took DH and I to hang onto him long enough to patch up the booboo. We both got whacked a few times lol, so I can completely sympathize with 'choker'. I love the heritage breeds, but geez ...

Quoting Carpy:

My son has a friend nicknamed choker because my son caught a wild turkey and threw it in the car and he was getting beaten by it so bad he choked it to death

Quoting Farmlady09:

Well, if they have opened up a season for hunting human, then I definitely agree with you ~ 3-5 rounds is just not enough!

ps, having experienced a thrashing by duck wings (while attempting to rescue one of her ducklings from the pond), I'm not sure 3-5 rounds is sufficient for them either ...

Quoting Carpy:

But the important thing is she wants to limit capacity for human hunting.  She thinks 15 rounds are to much.  I just wouldn't feel safe out there if I can only have 3 or 5 round limit when hunting humans. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Is a person's veteran status--which I respect and honor--enough to qualify him or her to have firearms, whether or not there is also a serious mental illness in play?  It is a stupidly phrased, but still valid, concern. 

I agree that it is stupid to think that the idea of PTSD was developed post the Iraq war, since people have been writing about this phenomenon for several thousand years now. 

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM

They were not edited.  It was on CSPAN.  Word for word.

Quoting lga1965:

• maddiesmommy5
    March 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM

she is the stupidest women alive.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN