Carpy
I prefer a high capacity magazine when hunting humans
by Carpy
March 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Seems Senator Feinstein thinks such a high capacity should be illegal when hunting humans.  Doesn't she realize that human can attack and hurt you if you don't have the firepower to take it down?

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

Replies

• SoKamele
    March 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

ooooh....people really are that stupid.

• finnbar
    by finnbar
    March 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Um. Does she really think hunting humans is legal?
    Hunting is not the same as shooting in self defense.
  • Carpy
    by Carpy
    March 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM

That just shows so much disregard for the safety of the hunter.

• NewMom11222011

Be vewwy vewwy quiet, we'w hunting humans.

banging head into wall

Quoting Carpy:

But the important thing is she wants to limit capacity for human hunting.  She thinks 15 rounds are to much.  I just wouldn't feel safe out there if I can only have 3 or 5 round limit when hunting humans. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Is a person's veteran status--which I respect and honor--enough to qualify him or her to have firearms, whether or not there is also a serious mental illness in play?  It is a stupidly phrased, but still valid, concern. 

I agree that it is stupid to think that the idea of PTSD was developed post the Iraq war, since people have been writing about this phenomenon for several thousand years now. 

• Euphoric

0_0

• edelweiss23
    Did I read that correctly???
  • Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    March 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

No thank you. I have Guinness. :3

Quoting Carpy:

I have some Michelob.  Want one?

Quoting Sekirei:

I know.. I need a beer.

Quoting Carpy:

Scary, isn't it?

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Carpy:

Sorry, but what a FUCKING IDIOT.

Holy mess, I am agreeing with you again!!

• DestinyHLewis
    March 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Unfortunately. You did. 

Quoting edelweiss23:

• edelweiss23
    March 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Wow. Just. Wow.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Unfortunately. You did. 

Quoting edelweiss23: