Replies

• CountryMomma123
    March 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

BUMP!

• autodidact
    March 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

shitting yourself is certainly more than simply not serving

Quoting brookiecookie87:

There is a huge difference between dodging the draft and simply not serving.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Are you saying you cannot be patriotic unless you serve?

• autodidact
    March 7, 2013 at 2:41 AM

oh, for fuck's sake, you're whining that Obama didn't serve when he was a child?

Quoting beesbad:

As president of the United States and Commander in Chief is Obama a patriot? Is he a draft dodger? Or does this test only apply to conservative republicans?

• kailu1835
    March 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Exactly how did they dodge the draft?

• autodidact
    March 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Funny how you overlooked pants shitting Ted Nugent

Quoting soonergirl980:

Well Bill O-Reily like Clinton was a student spending part of that time in England during Vietman he was no more a "draft dodger" than Clinton. By the time he graduated the MansField Amendment had passed. Rove was also a student.

Romney was a mormon missionary therefore exempt form the draft.

Rush was on a medical deferment.

All legal deferments

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Might help if you knew what a draft dodger was. 

A draft dodger is some one who legally drafted yet, for what ever reasons, illegally avoided the draft.

I don't honestly know if any one pictured did this or not.

I just dislike Ted N and would not be surprised in the least if he turned tail and ran.

• Goodwoman614
    March 7, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Again the point flies over your head. Lol, here...let me help you with that:

There is a HUGE difference in someone who strongly supports war and hasn't served and someone who strongly supports wars but purposely avoids being drafted.

Do you understand the difference I am trying to point out?

Quoting soonergirl980:
    Oh so you can't strongly support war or the military unless you youself have served? Frankly if they didn't want to serve then I'm glad they didn't. I don't like the draft, but that doesn't mean that you can't support military actions. 
    Quoting stacymomof2:

No, she is saying they are chickenhawks.

Quoting soonergirl980:

• Debmomto2girls
    March 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    Legal? Yes. Ethical? No.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Again they all got legal deferments, but that does not void their opinion on war or military actions just like it doesn't with Clinton. Typically "draft dodger" is thought of as one who illegally avoided the draft, but like I said I don't really agree with the draft in the first place so I wouldn't ridicule anyone who chose not to go and I would not ridicule their opinon on war 40 years later.

Quoting stacymomof2:

That's not what chickenhawk means.  Here's the wiki def:

Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk) is a political term used in the United States to describe a person who strongly supports war or other military action (i.e., a War Hawk), yet who actively avoided military service when of age.

The term indicates that the person in question is hypocritical for personally dodging a draft or otherwise shirking their duty to their country during a time of armed conflict while advocating that others do so. Generally, the implication is that chickenhawks lack the moral character to ask others to support, fight and perhaps die in an armed conflict. Those who avoid military service and continue to oppose armed aggression are not chickenhawks.

So, of the people in the photos:

Romney supported the Vietnam war, yet was able to get several deferrements including a 31 month trip to France to minister.  He was OK with poor people fighting, but didn't believe he himself should.  Supporting a war for other people to fight, yet avoiding it yourself, is called being a chickenhawk.

Trump got a medical deferrment because he came from a rich family, yet supports other young men dying in wars.  Chickenhawk.

Cheney had a child when he was eligible, making him less eligible at the time (he aged out in 1967 before they started making fathers with children go.)  He didn't volunteer, though, did he?  And I think we all know how Cheney likes a good, pocket-lining war.

I'm sure we all heard Nugent's story from his own mouth, when he talks about soiling his pants so he appears too crazy and gets a deferrment.  He denies it now, but he did get classified as one of the last people to get called after his physical.  But ol' shoot 'em up Ted is very fond of military action, as you well know, as long as someone else is risking their life.  Chickenhawk.

Rush had his personal doctor submit a report to the draft board that he had a pilonidal cyst and a bad knee.  He never had a military exam. Yet he never shut up about Bill Clinton dodging the draft, and he is a supporter of all wars including Vietnam.  Chickenhawk.

Finally Bill O, fan of all wars, made sure he got his deferrments.  Chickenhawk.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Oh so you can't strongly support war or the military unless you youself have served? Frankly if they didn't want to serve then I'm glad they didn't. I don't like the draft, but that doesn't mean that you can't support military actions.

Quoting stacymomof2:

No, she is saying they are chickenhawks.

Quoting soonergirl980:

• Euphoric
    March 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Donald's hair, lmao.

• meriana
    by meriana
    March 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM

During the draft years those who could afford college got deferrments, those who could not afford college, no matter how much they wanted to attend, didn't.  Most, if not all, parents would do pretty much anything to keep their child from going to war. No one really wants their kid to be in a war zone. Those in power at the time, however, were promoting the war effort, patriotism and calling for young men everywhere to go fight while at the same time actively doing everything possible to keep their own children from going to war. It caused a lot of hard feelings, with some parents telling their kids to go to Canada because they couldn't afford college which would allow the deferrment those from wealthy families were obtaining because they were able to afford college.

• soonergirl980
    March 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I responded with the people I knew about Ted Nugent so I didn't respond about him.

Quoting autodidact:

Funny how you overlooked pants shitting Ted Nugent

Quoting soonergirl980:

Well Bill O-Reily like Clinton was a student spending part of that time in England during Vietman he was no more a "draft dodger" than Clinton. By the time he graduated the MansField Amendment had passed. Rove was also a student.

Romney was a mormon missionary therefore exempt form the draft.

Rush was on a medical deferment.

All legal deferments

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Might help if you knew what a draft dodger was. 

A draft dodger is some one who legally drafted yet, for what ever reasons, illegally avoided the draft.

I don't honestly know if any one pictured did this or not.

I just dislike Ted N and would not be surprised in the least if he turned tail and ran.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN