Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
MeAndTommyLee
Zimmerman Stuns Court
March 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-stuns-court-waives-stand-ground-hearing-trayvon-162305101--abc-news-topstories.html

The defense for GZ has apparently waived his right for his scheduled, Stand Your Ground hearing and will roll through right to trial in June.

Replies

• MeAndTommyLee
    March 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Perhaps even his defense team realizes that he has shaky  grounds for his original defense???

• MeAndTommyLee
    March 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    March 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    Wow! When did his happen?!?
  • MeAndTommyLee
    March 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

This morning??  Not sure, but at some point today.  I was very surprised to begin reading the news and finding this.  Wonder what all of this means? Perhaps not so cut and dry. 

Quoting LauraKW:

Wow! When did his happen?!?

• Sisteract
    March 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Interesting-

I always wondered how that SYG would apply (many in FL said it would not justify Zimmerman's behaviors/decisions). GZ had a safe place, his car had he followed the instructions given by the 911 dispatcher.

Plus, why wouldn't the SYG also apply to TM?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Perhaps even his defense team realizes that he has shaky  grounds for his original defense???

• IhaveHisjoy
    March 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I think he would have been held over for trial anyway..public outrage and all..This way they have more time and can do both at once.

• MeAndTommyLee
    March 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Has to be some strategic move.  I'ts now got me wondering if this will leave him open for a plea deal??? 

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

I always wondered how that SYG would apply (many in FL said it would not justify Zimmerman's behaviors/decisions). GZ had a safe place, his car had he followed the instructions given by the 911 dispatcher.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

• AllofFive19
    March 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

interesting

• Sisteract
    March 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Probably-

Horrible that a person can target, escalate, confront and kill another, when the victim attempts to defend himself...and then plea down the charges-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Has to be some strategic move.  I'ts now got me wondering if this will leave him open for a plea deal??? 

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

• MeAndTommyLee
    March 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Hey, you know I agree with you.  I remember stating this some months back that I did not think this would go all the way to trial.  Could still be wrong, but waiving this hearing is somewhat telling to their case from the opinion that they know they lack the fundamental defense to which they had been claiming all along.   

Quoting Sisteract:

Probably-

Horrible that a person can target, escalate, confront and kill another, when the victim attempts to defend himself...and then plea down the charges-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts