LDavis33
"Bully"... the documentary
March 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Okay, so I'm watching the documentary "Bully" as we speak.  I have already cried more than a few times and I am now completely horrified by the idea of sending my little ones off to school.  

Is it just me or is the principal at Alex's school a complete, nonsensical b*%&@? Actually I'm pretty sure that all of the administrators/educators they have interviewed or shown in this movie are completely out of touch with what is happening with these kids, but I actually woke my little one up yelling at the T.V. screen when she was talking to his parents about him being bullied on the bus.

If you haven't seen it, watch it.  If you older kids or teenagers, watch it with them.  

Replies

• LDavis33
    March 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

BUMP... anyone?

• quickbooksworm
    March 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    Not all kids or schools are like that. I've seen parents in here that will punish their children for fighting regardless of the situation. Bullshit IMO. Mine is in karate and allowed to stick up for himself or friends.
  • somuchlove4U
    March 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    I cried through the whole thing. It broke my heart.
  • FromAtoZ
    March 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I have not seen this so I can't comment on that.

I'd like to see it.  Perhaps once I am home.

I am thankful, however, that as far as I have had experience with the public schools, my daughters have never been met with some of what I see out there.

• Euphoric
    March 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

This is the first I've heard of it.

• gammie
    by gammie
    March 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

The schools can help by putting the seniors in charge of the younger kids. Keep an eye on whats going around, the kids know and see more than the teachers.

Make it into a project that they can get a grade?

this movie should be seen by all!

• FromAtoZ
    March 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Quoting gammie:

The schools can help by putting the seniors in charge of the younger kids. Keep an eye on whats going around, the kids know and see more than the teachers.

Make it into a project that they can get a grade?

When my middle daughter was a Senior she was part of a group on campus that did just this.

She had three underclassmen she took under her wing.  

It was a great experience and I do think all schools should look in to something like this.

• gammie
    by gammie
    March 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Look up the movie and check out  the Trailer, a minute of the movie  will make you cry.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am thankful, however, that as far as I have had experience with the public schools, my daughters have never been met with some of what I see out there.

• FromAtoZ
    March 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Quoting gammie:

Look up the movie and check out  the Trailer, a minute of the movie  will make you cry.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I may just do that later on this evening.

• LDavis33
    March 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I'd never heard of it either.  I was renting some movies and thought it looked interesting.  It was really moving.  You should check it out.

Quoting Euphoric:

This is the first I've heard of it.