Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
tscritch
What influence to parents have on their child's sexuality? S/O
February 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What influence do you think a parent/s have on their child's sexuality?

Why do you think it?

Replies

• romalove
    March 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Sexual orientation and gender identity I think for the most part is innate.  I think there is little parents do to change that one way or another.

How they express their sexuality is a different story, and we do influence in that area.

• momtoscott
    March 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I don't think parents can influence sexual orientation, but they can certainly screw up a kid's ability to express sexuality in a healthy, happy way.   

• dawnie1
    by dawnie1
    March 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My LMAO for the day! Thank you!

Quoting Woodbabe:

Moms here on CM like to claim spanking your child turns them into sexual deviants.

I regularly spanked both of mine so they'll grow up have a colorful and exciting time with their partners. 

• Woodbabe
    March 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

You're quite welcome! :)

Quoting dawnie1:

My LMAO for the day! Thank you!

Quoting Woodbabe:

Moms here on CM like to claim spanking your child turns them into sexual deviants.

I regularly spanked both of mine so they'll grow up have a colorful and exciting time with their partners. 

• desertlvn
    March 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Read the book "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" it has very interesting imformation about gender roles.

I loved this book. It was so straightforward and down to earth. I recommend it as well.

• maciymommieof3
    March 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

all I can think of is Role Model Behavoir....other than that...I am not sure how we/they can "influence"....Train/Teach it is a whole nother' thing!

• desertlvn
    March 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

But wht I loved about the book was that it wasn't trying to make parents feel guilty. It came from a place of deep understanding of how truely difficult it is to avoid the princess culture. I love that it talks honestly about the compromises moms have to make in order to provide their daughters with options rather than limit them. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

We avoided all the the Disney princess crap until DD's former best friend introduced her to it. She is now in to it hook, line, & sinker. I felt soooo guilty when I read that book! I really wanted nothing to do with all that! Now when we go to DW, we're even going to the meal at the castle after BBB! Gag!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Read the book "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" it has very interesting imformation about gender roles.

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Maybe they did eenie meenie miny moe? lol

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

none..whatsofuckingever....there were 5 of us kids, did my parents choose one of us to "make gay"

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Both. Any. All.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Are you talking orientation or healthy vs unhealthy?

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Looks like I need to check this book out! I have 3 daughters, should I be scared? lol

Quoting desertlvn:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I loved this book. It was so straightforward and down to earth. I recommend it as well.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts