Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
tscritch
What influence to parents have on their child's sexuality? S/O
February 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What influence do you think a parent/s have on their child's sexuality?

Why do you think it?

Replies

• romalove
    March 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Sexual orientation and gender identity I think for the most part is innate.  I think there is little parents do to change that one way or another.

How they express their sexuality is a different story, and we do influence in that area.

• momtoscott
    March 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I don't think parents can influence sexual orientation, but they can certainly screw up a kid's ability to express sexuality in a healthy, happy way.   

• dawnie1
    by dawnie1
    March 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My LMAO for the day! Thank you!

Quoting Woodbabe:

Moms here on CM like to claim spanking your child turns them into sexual deviants.

I regularly spanked both of mine so they'll grow up have a colorful and exciting time with their partners. 

• Woodbabe
    March 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

You're quite welcome! :)

Quoting dawnie1:

My LMAO for the day! Thank you!

Quoting Woodbabe:

Moms here on CM like to claim spanking your child turns them into sexual deviants.

I regularly spanked both of mine so they'll grow up have a colorful and exciting time with their partners. 

• desertlvn
    March 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Read the book "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" it has very interesting imformation about gender roles.

I loved this book. It was so straightforward and down to earth. I recommend it as well.

• maciymommieof3
    March 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

all I can think of is Role Model Behavoir....other than that...I am not sure how we/they can "influence"....Train/Teach it is a whole nother' thing!

• desertlvn
    March 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

But wht I loved about the book was that it wasn't trying to make parents feel guilty. It came from a place of deep understanding of how truely difficult it is to avoid the princess culture. I love that it talks honestly about the compromises moms have to make in order to provide their daughters with options rather than limit them. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

We avoided all the the Disney princess crap until DD's former best friend introduced her to it. She is now in to it hook, line, & sinker. I felt soooo guilty when I read that book! I really wanted nothing to do with all that! Now when we go to DW, we're even going to the meal at the castle after BBB! Gag!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Read the book "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" it has very interesting imformation about gender roles.

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Maybe they did eenie meenie miny moe? lol

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

none..whatsofuckingever....there were 5 of us kids, did my parents choose one of us to "make gay"

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Both. Any. All.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Are you talking orientation or healthy vs unhealthy?

• tscritch
    March 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Looks like I need to check this book out! I have 3 daughters, should I be scared? lol

Quoting desertlvn:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I loved this book. It was so straightforward and down to earth. I recommend it as well.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN