Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
tscritch
What influence to parents have on their child's sexuality? S/O
February 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What influence do you think a parent/s have on their child's sexuality?

Why do you think it?

Replies

• tscritch
    February 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Actually, for this I meant sexuality, but we can discuss gender as well :-)

Quoting EireLass:

For this question, you mean the child's gender? (thinking that because of all the recent posts...and the difference that keeps getting pointed out between sexuality and gender).

• Woodbabe
    February 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Moms here on CM like to claim spanking your child turns them into sexual deviants.

I regularly spanked both of mine so they'll grow up have a colorful and exciting time with their partners. 

• EireLass
    February 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Oh, ok. Well, my influence on my kids taught them to be very comfortable with their sexuality, and share that comfort with their partners.

Quoting tscritch:

Actually, for this I meant sexuality, but we can discuss gender as well :-)

Quoting EireLass:

For this question, you mean the child's gender? (thinking that because of all the recent posts...and the difference that keeps getting pointed out between sexuality and gender).

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM

If they're doing even a half decent job, they should have ZERO influence over their child's sexuality.  

If they're influencing it in any way, they're failing big time.  Other than working to repress their kid's sexuality, I can't imagine what other influence they coul have.

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    February 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I am not fully sure short of them condeming and causing the person distress over who they are. My parents had no influence on my sexuality. 

this

• EireLass
    February 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Why would a parent, who loves their child, and wants them to grow up healthy, well adjusted, 'normal', work to repress something that's totally normal and natural? It's going to happen whether the parent likes it or not, why wouldn't you do all you can to teach your child that it's a wonderful thing?

Quoting inspain:

If they're doing even a half decent job, they should have ZERO influence over their child's sexuality.  

If they're influencing it in any way, they're failing big time.  Other than working to repress their kid's sexuality, I can't imagine what other influence they coul have.

• Denisethedaring
    February 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Aside from warping a child through sexual abuse, pretty much none. 

• motha2daDuchess
    February 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    none..whatsofuckingever....there were 5 of us kids, did my parents choose one of us to "make gay"
  • ReginaStar
    February 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I think the only influence parents can be is a person being open to who they feel they are vs a person not being comfortable b/c they were taught who they are is wrong/ugly so they hide/deny it.

• lizzielouaf
    February 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    My first son is openly heterosexual. My second son is too young to express his sexuality so I can't assume anything. I don't believe I've contributed anything to their sexuality other than helping them to understand it. As far as their gender is concerned, I was only able to contribute the x chromosome so not even their gender was up to me.
    I'm way more concerned with both of them finding a person they love and who loves them back, the gender is unimportant to me.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN