Dee0886
I'm the child of a gay parent.......
by Dee0886
February 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

Replies

• DragonMother10
    February 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    I personally know that, but I am saying that is why a lot of people associate the two.

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes but it has nothing to do with gay or straight. More straight married men with children are more likely to be child molesters. Some people believe pedophilia is just another sexual orientation and the only difference is age of consent....I'm not even touching that subject lol

Quoting DragonMother10:

I think they associate the two because some child molestations is done by a man to a boy.

Quoting Dee0886:

how homosexuality and pedophilia are always put together I will honeslty never ever understand...

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

I was asked very recently by a cousin if I think my dad molested my brother...what??? He's gay, not a child molester!

Quoting Dee0886:

I think I may be so use to the bashing (how sad is that) it barely phases me.

However they are still my mothers, and as any person would be, I would think, sometimes it does make me angry. The worst is when an argument came up that my brothers and I should be taken away because we were molested by them and we're somehow supressing memories of it....that was the most hurtful and infuriating thing I have ever come across. 

Quoting Laao:

I think it's impossible to change a heart and mind that is so deeply closed. So instead of trying with the extreme closed, I think our best work is with folks who are confused, but open.

What would I say? I'd take a deeeeeeep breath and say...

"Gay or straight makes no difference to me. Kind, open-minded people make a difference to me.  Instead, let's ship off any pastor who makes such ignorant remarks. Oh, and the next island over is for Senator Todd Akins who think a woman's body will shut down during a "legitamate rape."

• katzmeow726
    February 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Glad to see that you didn't let your bio dad ruin your relationship outlooks.  If anything, the "evil gay" step mom probably healed the damage your bio dad did ;-D 

Quoting Dee0886:

Yup...according to some i should be confused about my sexuality, be promiscuous, be a drug addict....gahh lol

Quoting katzmeow726:

*gasp*
      You mean you turned out normal?  You didn't catch "the gay," you don't feel denied a normal childhood, and you are a happy, productive, member of society?

Just kidding.  I think it's awesome!   No questions, just wanted to say your post is uplifting. I think it is a wonderful testament to gay parents.  

• pamelax3
    February 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM

thanks for posting..

• mehamil1
    February 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM

And you aren't hell bent on destroying everything our society holds dear??!?!!?

• RobinChristine
    February 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Was it easier for you to accept b/c you are a female? I had a step mom some things were easier to go to her about did you find this  to be true?  I might have more questions later,thanks for answering Robin

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Only recently but I think the pregnancy hormones have more to do with that than anything else! lmao

Quoting mehamil1:

And you aren't hell bent on destroying everything our society holds dear??!?!!?

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I don't think so, my brothers have a great relationship with her too. 

Quoting RobinChristine:

Was it easier for you to accept b/c you are a female? I had a step mom some things were easier to go to her about did you find this  to be true?  I might have more questions later,thanks for answering Robin

• Momniscient
    February 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

How on earth did you resist the gay agenda?

Glad you grew up in a very happy household and have a good life.

• SilverSterling
    February 28, 2013 at 3:39 PM

You realize now that you have exposed they Gay agenda for what it really is you will have to be Tickle tortured!

• ..MoonShine..
    February 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    Me too!!!

My mom was married three times before she met her current partner. They've been together since I was 11 (am now about to turn 33). I said it in a previous post, the alcoholism in our house had more of an affect on my brother and I than her same sex relationship did.