Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Dee0886
I'm the child of a gay parent.......
by Dee0886
February 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

Replies

• kailu1835
    February 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Thank you for sharing :)

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Lots of ?'s in one lol...ok..well here goes:

No it wasn't difficult because most of the people in that town knew my parents. There were the ignorant few that mistreated them or us simply because they were gay. But a vast majority of the community know them, and know they are loving, good hearted people. Thankfully my mothers taught me about ignorance at an early age and that blacks and biracial people are treated the same with the almost the same argument against it. Unfortunately adutls are much worse than kids. My stepmother is religious (a southern baptist republican no less..no idea how she does it to be honest lol), my mother is not religious.

My mother says she found someone who loves her and treats her well and fell in love with this person, it just so happened this person was a woman. I never questioned it because who am I, or anyone else, to judge or question her love? No one ever questions mine and my husbands.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Being from a small southern Christian town was it difficult being in a home with two lesbians? Were you treated poorly by other children? Were you bullied by other kids? Adults? Did your family go to church? Were/are they religious?

Do you believe your mother started dating women because of her bad relationship with her husband or do you think she was always gay and afraid to be who she was?

• Laao
    by Laao
    February 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I think it's impossible to change a heart and mind that is so deeply closed. So instead of trying with the extreme closed, I think our best work is with folks who are confused, but open.

What would I say? I'd take a deeeeeeep breath and say...

"Gay or straight makes no difference to me. Kind, open-minded people make a difference to me.  Instead, let's ship off any pastor who makes such ignorant remarks. Oh, and the next island over is for Senator Todd Akins who think a woman's body will shut down during a "legitamate rape."

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I think I may be so use to the bashing (how sad is that) it barely phases me.

However they are still my mothers, and as any person would be, I would think, sometimes it does make me angry. The worst is when an argument came up that my brothers and I should be taken away because we were molested by them and we're somehow supressing memories of it....that was the most hurtful and infuriating thing I have ever come across. 

Quoting Laao:

I think it's impossible to change a heart and mind that is so deeply closed. So instead of trying with the extreme closed, I think our best work is with folks who are confused, but open.

"Gay or straight makes no difference to me. Kind, open-minded people make a difference to me.  Instead, let's ship off any pastor who makes such ignorant remarks. Oh, and the next island over is for Senator Todd Akins who think a woman's body will shut down during a "legitamate rape."

• IhaveHisjoy
    February 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I was asked very recently by a cousin if I think my dad molested my brother...what??? He's gay, not a child molester!

Quoting Dee0886:

However they are still my mothers, and as any person would be, I would think, sometimes it does make me angry. The worst is when an argument came up that my brothers and I should be taken away because we were molested by them and we're somehow supressing memories of it....that was the most hurtful and infuriating thing I have ever come across. 

Quoting Laao:

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM

how homosexuality and pedophilia are always put together I will honeslty never ever understand...

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

I was asked very recently by a cousin if I think my dad molested my brother...what??? He's gay, not a child molester!

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Laao:

• Dee0886
    by Dee0886
    February 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I saw this AC interview and actually found it very funny and posted it to my moms fb page..she loved it.

Quoting jhslove:

If you were to encounter this woman on the street and you could say anything to her, what would you say?

• DragonMother10
    February 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    One of the many reasons why I am an Atheist, I see a lot of closed minded religious people who are against gays. I am 100% straight, but I believe people are entitled to love whoever they want. I am disturbed with people having sex with animals. At least gays have sex with the same species.
  • Euphoric
    February 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Than you for sharing. :)

• DragonMother10
    February 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    I think they associate the two because some child molestations is done by a man to a boy.

Quoting Dee0886:

how homosexuality and pedophilia are always put together I will honeslty never ever understand...

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Laao:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts