Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Debmomto2girls
Sick of a**hole Doctors EDITED FOR LATEST UPDATE
February 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM
****UPDATE: 2/25... I had all my tests and NO signs of cancer. I cannot tell you the relief I feel. Thanks for all the good wishes!******

m sick of medical professionals thinking they can pick and choose what to tell a patient. As a nurse, I have been taught the patient has the right know everything.

I had a mammogram about 3 weeks ago ordered by my PCP and asked for my midwife (who does my gyn care) to get a copy. 2 weeks go by and nothing. I think everything is fine. On a Saturday I get a letter from the hospital stating I needed further testing. Fine. I call my PCP on Monday and he says it's nothing. I need a spot compression mammography and us. I said "did they see nodules?" he said "no. The pictures aren't clear. I question him because why would they do a spot compression if there are nodules. Still he says nothing. I now get a letter and call from my midwife saying I have 3 nodules.. 1 in the right and 2 in the left breast. I call my PCP and he said he "didn't want me to worry". WTF?? I went off on him and I'm getting a new PCP.

Sorry for the rant but it pisses me off!

UPDATE: this gets worse. I've had the worst UTI

Of my life this week. I was on 2 antibiotics and finally had to go to the ER on Wednesday night. They did a CT scan to rule out kidney stones. My PCP ( I can't switch yet) said everything was clear. My UTI is still bad so he sent me to a urologist today. He tells " I am sure your doctor told you this but your CT scan showed a nodule

on your left lower lobe. Again he lied! I can't switch until I get these tests done. It will take too long and I want these tests done now. So, now I am going on Monday for all the tests. He said it is probably nothing. I had to insist on the ct of the chest. When this is over, I'm reporting him.

I wasn't that afraid before but am scared shitless now

Replies

• Debmomto2girls
    February 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Thank you it was a huge relief. When they told me, I cried. I am not an emotional person but this scared me.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN