Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Naturewoman4
BREAKING NEW....Locked down at a High School...4 total guns found! Rifle...shot gun..
February 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Westminster, CO.  What the heck is going on in our schools?  Especially, being this is CO once again!  Honestly, if I was raising my kids now days, I don't think I could have them attend public schools.  I would have to home school them. 

Replies

• Radarma
    by Radarma
    February 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Not sure, have some theories, but in the meantime, this shit better stop because I do not want to, nor am I suited for the homeschool route.

• Billiejeens
    February 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Shot Gun!

That crazy Joe Biden

• mehamil1
    February 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM

As an Irish Catholic (sort of, ok, just Irish and Catholic by "culture") he just makes me chuckle and shake my head. Like come on Uncle Joe. Knock off your malarkey. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Shot Gun!

That crazy Joe Biden

• Billiejeens
    February 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Exactly

Quoting mehamil1:

As an Irish Catholic (sort of, ok, just Irish and Catholic by "culture") he just makes me chuckle and shake my head. Like come on Uncle Joe. Knock off your malarkey. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Shot Gun!

That crazy Joe Biden

• katy_kay08
    February 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

• momtimesx4
    February 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Crazy Joe Biden....

....Colorado Goose season?  Did start up...

• LoveMyBoyK
    February 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

• Naturewoman4
    February 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yeah, well I don't know why it's CO.  I mean it seems like it would be happening more in CA, Chicago places like that.  I believe the guns were found out aways on the grass part of the school.  Also, that a nearby house had a break-in. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    February 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/police-investigating-weapons-found-near-soccer-field-at-standley-lake-high-schoo-school-on-lockout

WESTMINSTER, Colo. - Westminster Police say four weapons were found near athletic fields at Standley Lake High School on Wednesday afternoon.

Two of the guns were discovered by campus supervisor about 12:50 p.m. between two sheds by athletic fields, Westminster Police say via Twitter.  

Officers discovered two additional hunting rifles that had been thrown over the fence and were also on school property.  

Police said they do not believe the guns were part of a threat against the school, students or staff.   

Two juveniles that do not attend Standley Lake High School were contacted, but police have not made any arrests. Police were looking into why these juveniles were on school property.    

The campus is located at 9300 W. 104th Ave.

Police said they know of no threats, but used police dogs  to search school grounds and inside buildings as a precaution.

Police were later seen searching a home in the 9000 block of West 103rd Avenue that had been burglarized.  They found a gun safe along the school property line.

In addition to the guns, several personal belongings from the home were found in the area. 

The homeowner was in Estes Park when he was contacted by police who told him his home had been burglarized.  He told 7NEWS he has rifles and shotguns used for hunting in his home.

"They went some trouble to break in," the homeowner told 7NEWS.  "They couldn't carry them all in one trip."

After school ended, several students told 7NEWS that police have taken into custody two non-student, teenage boys who had entered the school. This has not been confirmed by police.

"Anybody who was at the police department who was available came out to the scene today," spokeswoman Cheri Spottke said.

The school was put in lockout mode, which means school continued with normal educational programs but nobody is allowed in or out of the school, police said.

Students were held inside slightly longer than a normal school day.

"We feel confident the grounds and neighborhood are secured and have let school out at this time," Spottke said.

Police said they weren't aware of any recent threats against students or staff at the school.
  • mehamil1
    February 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
    Quoting katy_kay08:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts