Naturewoman4
BREAKING NEW....Locked down at a High School...4 total guns found! Rifle...shot gun..
February 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Westminster, CO.  What the heck is going on in our schools?  Especially, being this is CO once again!  Honestly, if I was raising my kids now days, I don't think I could have them attend public schools.  I would have to home school them. 

Replies

• mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    February 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    Wait what point did I prove? I was just explaining an incident lol police said he admitted to having a history of mental illness too(so they say) but witnesses said he was just walking around the outside of the building for over an hour and just pacing.
    I could also talk about how another teen brought a gun to school in the city north of here and shots mentally disabled kid to death and injured 4 others a couple months ago. His guns weren't legal and his parents had no idea where he got them.

Quoting Billiejeens:

While he was trespassing, I think you just proved the point.

Legal gun owner, guns were left legally in his house, he went to the school unarmed, to heal.

Quoting mlg1989:

Police arrested a dude wandering around a high school in our city. They arrested him for trespassing and found 4 legal registered guns in his home. He said he was bullied in that school and he was there to "face his fears".
    People are going crazy.

• Billiejeens
    February 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

You're on a roll.

Quoting mlg1989:

Wait what point did I prove? I was just explaining an incident lol police said he admitted to having a history of mental illness too(so they say) but witnesses said he was just walking around the outside of the building for over an hour and just pacing.
    I could also talk about how another teen brought a gun to school in the city north of here and shots mentally disabled kid to death and injured 4 others a couple months ago. His guns weren't legal and his parents had no idea where he got them.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Legal gun owner, guns were left legally in his house, he went to the school unarmed, to heal.

Quoting mlg1989:

Police arrested a dude wandering around a high school in our city. They arrested him for trespassing and found 4 legal registered guns in his home. He said he was bullied in that school and he was there to "face his fears".
    People are going crazy.

• pamelax3
    February 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Sounds to me that the criminals could not carry all the guns.

• mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    February 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    You still never answered me! What point am I exactly proving? I just commented referring to the OP and adding my two cents I didn't know I was choosing sides here with my innocent commentabout an incident around my town.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You're on a roll.

Quoting mlg1989:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting mlg1989:

People are going crazy.

• LoveMyBoyK
    February 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    I was responding to YOU saying BAN, Sweetheart.

Quoting mehamil1:

Here's the thing, that argument is stupid. It's been hashed and rehashed. I am tired of it. 

If criminals do not obey the law, then fuck all laws. Why bother with any laws at all? - that is the nonsense comes out of that argument. I am not in favor of gun prohibition but gun control. The vast majority of people are in favor of that. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Gun bans do not work because criminals do not obey the law.

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't have the answers to this problem. I'm only explaining why the gun ban doesn't work here in the city of Chicago, my home.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.

Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
    Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

• mehamil1
    February 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Miss the context? I was talking about the gun ban in Chicago and why it doesn't work. That's not me calling for all guns to be banned. CONTEXT. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Here's the thing, that argument is stupid. It's been hashed and rehashed. I am tired of it. 

If criminals do not obey the law, then fuck all laws. Why bother with any laws at all? - that is the nonsense comes out of that argument. I am not in favor of gun prohibition but gun control. The vast majority of people are in favor of that. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't have the answers to this problem. I'm only explaining why the gun ban doesn't work here in the city of Chicago, my home.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
    Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.
    Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

• LoveMyBoyK
    February 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    I did not say you were, I said I was responding to YOU talking about a BAN. If you want to discuss something other than A BAN, sweetheart, that is fine but don't get all pissy because YOU were talking about a BAN and I responded talking about a ban.

Quoting mehamil1:

Miss the context? I was talking about the gun ban in Chicago and why it doesn't work. That's not me calling for all guns to be banned. CONTEXT. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

• mehamil1
    February 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I'm talking about a ban that exists right here, right now, in Chicago. I live in Chicago. It's illegal to own a firearm here unless you are the police or a security guard. And even those are heavily regulated. The ban exists. Here. In Chicago. They are banned. They are against the law to own within the confines of the city limit. You cannot own one legally. You will get into trouble with the law if you are found to be in possession of a firearm. That is the ban here in Chicago. 

What is so hard to understand about that? 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
    I did not say you were, I said I was responding to YOU talking about a BAN. If you want to discuss something other than A BAN, sweetheart, that is fine but don't get all pissy because YOU were talking about a BAN and I responded talking about a ban.
    Quoting mehamil1:

Miss he context? I was talking about the gun ban in Chicago and why it doesn't work. That's not me calling for all guns to be banned. CONTEXT. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
    Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
  • LoveMyBoyK
    February 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    I know there is a ban in Chicago, dear. We clearly are not communicating.

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm talking about a ban that exists right here, right now, in Chicago. I live in Chicago. It's illegal to own a firearm here unless you are the police or a security guard. And even those are heavily regulated. The ban exists. Here. In Chicago. They are banned. They are against the law to own within the confines of the city limit. You cannot own one legally. You will get into trouble with the law if you are found to be in possession of a firearm. That is the ban here in Chicago. 

What is so hard to understand about that? 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Miss he context? I was talking about the gun ban in Chicago and why it doesn't work. That's not me calling for all guns to be banned. CONTEXT. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: