Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Do you think Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp on purpose?
February 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Witness in Oscar Pistorius Shooting Speaks & It Makes the Athlete Look Really Bad

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on February 20, 2013 

oscar pistoriusThings continue to spiral downward for Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympic runner who's being accused of intentionally murdering his gorgeous model girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. He's currently undergoing a bail hearing in his home country of South Africa, and despite breaking down in "uncontrollable sobs" in the courtroom yesterday, it seems his story isn't adding up. A witness has now given their account of what they saw the night of Reeva's murder, and it doesn't make Pistorius look like a man who thought he was shooting an intruder.

According to The New York Times, prosecutors told the court that a witness heard "nonstop talking, like fighting" between the hours of 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. the night Reeva Steenkamp was shot. The BBC also claims that an officer took the stand in court today and said: "We have [the] statement of a person who said after he heard gunshots, he went to his balcony and saw the light was on. Then he heard a female screaming two-three times, then more gunshots." This is completely different from what Pistorius said yesterday -- that he thought an intruder was in his bathroom.

And making things even worse for the athlete, a detective also told the court that two bottles of testosterone and needles were found at Pistorius' home; he added that, after some investigation, he doubted that Pistorius was without his prosthetic legs like he originally said he was.

All in all, things aren't looking good for Oscar Pistorius. Of course, an actual trial still needs to take place, but if today is any indication of how things are going to go, I can't say I'd be surprised if he were found guilty. The death of Reeva Steenkamp is a tragedy any way you look at it, but I was really hoping this was an accident. Heartbreaking.

Do you think Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp on purpose?

Replies

• OHgirlinCA
    February 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Someone who feels threatened.

Quoting mehamil1:

From what I read, she was fully clothed and holding her cell phone. Who gets up, get's dressed, goes to the bathroom with their cell phone, and locks the door in their own home? 

Quoting Piskie:
    Quoting Mipsy:

My DH said that he lived in one of the most secure communities in their area to. They have some like 10ft wall and gated and security guards etc. Why would he think someone was breaking in?

Quoting joey125:

My only question would be why would you shoot through a door , not seeing who is on the other side, makes no sense. and why would a would be intruder hide in the bathroom  In the end, only the jury will decide.

Because people in gated communities can still get broken into.... 

• mehamil1
    February 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

It's not cold in South Africa. 

Quoting Piskie:
    Quoting mehamil1:

From what I read, she was fully clothed and holding her cell phone. Who gets up, get's dressed, goes to the bathroom with their cell phone, and locks the door in their own home? 

Quoting Piskie:
    Quoting Mipsy:

My DH said that he lived in one of the most secure communities in their area to. They have some like 10ft wall and gated and security guards etc. Why would he think someone was breaking in?

Quoting joey125:

My only question would be why would you shoot through a door , not seeing who is on the other side, makes no sense. and why would a would be intruder hide in the bathroom  In the end, only the jury will decide.

Me..... i always take my phone to the bathroom.... get bored just sitting there so i play games. Hate walking around in a dressing gown, anddon't like being cold. So i always slip on trousers n a top. it's not hard to do....

• mehamil1
    February 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Exactly. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Someone who feels threatened.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting Piskie:
    Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting joey125:

• gcecelie
    February 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

This reminds me of the guy that killed his wife while scuba diving. He had all these lame reasons of why it happened. It's a rap. He is not going to survive this one.

Only question I have, no being funny or mean, is can you take your prosthetics to prison?

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN