Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
paganbaby
Too old to go in the swings??
February 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

How old is too old to play on the swings?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 1% - Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.
  2. 2% - I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground
  3. 96% - You're never too old to play :-)

Replies

• furbabymum
    February 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I have convinced my DH to play with me on the toys more than once. Who doesnt' love swinging?

• Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    February 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    I always play with my kids at the playground... That includes swinging with them :-)

I also clim the monkey bars with them, and play hide and seek through the tunnels :-)
  • MorganTho
    February 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    I play on them too! Its a recent workout but like you I would give it up for a kid to swing :)
  • acrogodess
    February 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    I play on the swings as often as I can.
  • krise
    by krise

what a bitch! you were having fun with your kids, I say wtg mom!

• TruthSeeker.

I always swing next to my kids as long as there are no other children waiting to swing on them.

I do think the park and park equipment is for the children, but I see no issue with using them if a child isn't on them or waiting to use them.

• MeAndTommyLee
    February 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

If anyone  considers themselves  too old to ``play', they  may as well throw the dirt over themselves.   I'm 47 years old and swing right along with the kids and go down the slide.  I ride their skateboards and bikes too.  They love it!

• TruthSeeker.
    February 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I always play with my kids at the playground... That includes swinging with them :-)

I also clim the monkey bars with them, and play hide and seek through the tunnels :-)

I swing from the monkey bars also!! And play hide and seek:)

• JP-StrongForTwo
    February 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Good for you! lol i wouldnt have been able to be that cool. i would have probably started crying and apologising to the woman. 

• soonergirl980
    February 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I personally leave the park equipment for the kids. If there is no one else at the park then yeah but if there are other people I would not take up a swing that a child should be able to use.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN