Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
But that's not racist
February 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Is this offensive? Should it be?

Is it racist when people mockingly point out stereotypes regarding their own race?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 37% - no
  2. 25% - depends
  3. 5% - yes
  4. 31% - herp derp

Replies

• Momniscient
    February 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Agreed

Quoting krysstizzle:

I don't think this video is racist, it's a commentary on racism. There's an important difference. And I think some people have a hard time making that distinction. :)

Also, best Harlem Shake ever. ;D

• Paperfishies
    February 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    No. I don't find that "racist". I LOLed when the black guy had the cat.
  • My6Rock
    by My6Rock
    February 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know anything about this troupe/group of players, but I'm hoping that was their purpose.

Quoting krysstizzle:

I don't think this video is racist, it's a commentary on racism. There's an important difference. And I think some people have a hard time making that distinction. :)

Also, best Harlem Shake ever. ;D

• MeAndTommyLee
    February 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Nope.  Italians have a lot of stereotypes and more than a few are TRUE.  Not afraid or too embarrassed to deny it.  Not that  sensitiveand don't take ourselves too seriously.  I've been called a dago, a wop, and been asked who in the family is in the mafia.  Do I make pasta everyday?  They assume I'm Catholic.  People have asked me if I have a photo of the Pope next to Sinatra.  (My mother did have a picture of the Pope up beside Dean Martin for years and years.)  And yes all the furniture does have  plastic covering.  Not offended at all.

• krysstizzle
    February 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Ok, I'd just like to reiterate: BEST HARLEM SHAKE EVER!!

• Goodwoman614
    February 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Hahahaha! I called dd12 in to watch this with me, cuz she loves the Dominic Show, & also the related one, Niga Higa. 

They are both hilarious, & sometimes also have great commentary on the issues, skewed toward the experience of the younger set.

• littlesippycup
    February 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

LOL that poor guy is about to pass out.

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL two people voted herp derp.

This video was hilarious.

When racial stereotypes are used in the manner as they are here it isn't racist but a commentary on racism.  

I have to say that the Harlem Shake cut that they did is a really popular meme right now, and the guy who does that song (Baauer) is playing at the club I work at on Saturday.  That show sold out...BOOM!  lol  It is going to be nuts.  People are just crazy for that song right now.  :)   (Sorry about hijacking the post, lol.  It's fun to work where I work sometimes!)  Also this meme pic was taken at my club, too:

• littlesippycup
    February 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

LOL that was hilarious.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN