Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
survivorinohio
Minimum wage consistent with the cost of living? 9 bucks an hour to start with?
February 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

What do you think of what the president said?

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    February 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

IDK, i cant imagine living less than what my DH makes, and that is after our salary was cut in half (when i stopped working)

• talia-mom
    February 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Yeah for causing many, many people to lose their jobs.    I guess that is what he wants.

• yourspecialkid
    February 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I think he is hell bent on obliterating the middle class.  Minimum wage was never meant to be a wage to raise a family on....it is the just starting out counter girl/burger flipper wage.  Raising the wage only raises the cost of goods and brings the wages of no skilled labor closer to the wages of skilled labor.  Pay is and should be based upon the work at hand and the skill required to do the job.

• activitymode
    February 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    This.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think he is hell bent on obliterating the middle class.  Minimum wage was never meant to be a wage to raise a family on....it is the just starting out counter girl/burger flipper wage.  Raising the wage only raises the cost of goods and brings the wages of no skilled labor closer to the wages of skilled labor.  Pay is and should be based upon the work at hand and the skill required to do the job.

• ratchetlee
    February 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I think we should do away with minimum wage.....

Raising only increases costs and reduces jobs.....

• TexanMomOf6

Raising the minimum wage will do no good. The price of all the goods and services will go up accordingly. So your check will look better, but your milk will go up a dollar. It'll be a $2 menu at McD's.  When you add the higher taxes businesses will have to pay in order to pay for health insurance it will cause businesses to shut down, people won't have jobs anyways......

• ratchetlee

And..... these are EXACTLY my thoughts!

Quoting yourspecialkid:

• TexanMomOf6
    February 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Anyone else noticed the president is a communist?

• coupon_ash_back
    February 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM

In my state $9 to start is amazing. We get 7.25 and it hasn't gone up for a while.

• sherry132
    February 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Oh go ahead and raise it to 9 bucks an hour, just so the retailer's can get a little richer by justifying raising the cost of everything. In a year, 9 dollars an hour will be poverty. 

Raising minimum wage only increases the costs of living. It doesn't help anyone. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN